- Mentor Program
- Support the Business Career Center
Login to Handshake
For more information
• Contact the Business Career Center
• e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Call: (414) 288-7927
• Visit us in person: Straz Hall 277
• For campus-wide career resources, contact the MU Career Services Center
Support sophomore and junior business students by sharing your career insights. The Mentor Program is co-sponsored by the Marquette University Business Administration Alumni Association and the Business Career Center. Each year, 300+ students and professionals participate and build productive relationships. Mentors are Marquette alumni and friends who are business leaders in Milwaukee and Chicago area firms. Resources are available to support new and returning mentors in their mentoring role with College of Business Administration students.
Become a Mentor
- I would like to volunteer for the 2017-2018 Mentor Program
- I would like to be contacted about the program next year, add me to the outreach list for 2018-2019
- I would like to learn about additional mentoring opportunities at Marquette University
About the Mentor Program
- New in 2017, sophomores are invited to participate
- Professionals may mentor a sophomore, junior, or multiple students
- Mentors and proteges meet monthly for one hour during the academic year
- Alumni or friends of Marquette welcome
- Minimum 5 years of professional work experience
- Current employment preferred, but not required
- Employed in Southeastern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois
Time Commitment & Events
Monthly Communication: Students Drive the Relationship
It is expected that the mentor and student protégé meet a minimum of one time per month for one hour during the Fall and Spring semesters. Each student protégé is responsible for driving this program – meaning that the student needs to take an active role in contacting his/her mentor and planning meeting times.
Mentor Program Kick-Off Meeting: Many alumni will meet their protégés at this event. Monday, November 30, 2017, 5:30-7:00 p.m. Alumni Memorial Union Ballrooms, Marquette University
Mentor Breakfast: This breakfast offers an opportunity to reconnect after the holiday break. This event will be held in February, 7:00 - 9:00 a.m. in the Alumni Memorial Union Lunda Room.
End of Year Mentor Program Celebration: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 5:30-7:00 p.m., AMU Sports Annex
Recommend a Colleague for the Mentor Program
With an increasing number of students participating each year, new mentors are always welcome. By providing a colleague’s information through the link below, the Business Career Center staff will send information about the Mentor Program and an invitation to participate.
Mentor Program Contacts
Business Career Center Staff
Karen Rinehart, Teresa Massoels, Laura Philbin and Connie Knoll