- Mentor Program
- Support the Business Career Center
Login to Handshake
For more information
• Contact the Business Career Center
• e-mail: email@example.com
• Call: (414) 288-7927
• Visit us in person: Straz Hall 277
• For campus-wide career resources, contact the MU Career Services Center
Support sophomore and junior business students by sharing your career insights. The Mentor Program is co-sponsored by the Marquette University Business Administration Alumni Association and the Business Career Center. Each year, 300+ students and professionals participate and build productive relationships. Mentors are Marquette alumni and friends who are business leaders in Milwaukee and Chicago area firms. Resources are available to support new and returning mentors in their mentoring role with College of Business Administration students.
Become a Mentor
- I would like to volunteer for the 2018-2019 Mentor Program. Completing the survey by early September is greatly appreciated. Volunteer forms will be accepted until September 12th.
- I would like to be contacted about the program next year, add me to the outreach list for 2019-2020
- I would like to learn about additional mentoring opportunities at Marquette University
About the Mentor Program
- Mentors and students engage in a two-year relationship during the sophomore and junior years
- Professionals may mentor one or multiple students
- Mentors and proteges meet monthly for one hour during the academic year
- Alumni or friends of Marquette welcome
- Minimum five years of professional work experience
- Current employment preferred, but not required
- Employed in Southeastern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois
Time Commitment & Events
Monthly Communication: Students Drive the Relationship
It is expected that the mentor and student protégé meet a minimum of one time per month for one hour during the Fall and Spring semesters. Each student protégé is responsible for driving this program – meaning that the student needs to take an active role in contacting his/her mentor and planning meeting times.
Welcome Back Event - Juniors in continuing relationships
September 11, 5:30-7:00 p.m., Alumni Memorial Union Ballrooms
Kick-Off Event - Sophomores in new relationships
October 8, 5:30-7:00 p.m., Alumni Memorial Union Ballrooms
Mentor Breakfast - Sophomores & Juniors
January 29, 7:30 - 9:00 a.m., Alumni Memorial Union Lunda Room
End of Year Mentor Program Celebration - Sophomores & Juniors
April 3, 5:30-7:00 p.m., AMU Sports Annex
With an increasing number of students participating each year, new mentors are always welcome. By providing a colleague’s information through the link below, the Business Career Center staff will send information about the Mentor Program and an invitation to participate.
- Mentor Recommendation Form
- Email your network: sample outreach email
- Post to LinkedIn: sample mentor recruitment post
Support for the mentor program is provided by the Business Career Center, Marquette University Business Administration Alumni Association (MUBAAA), Direct Supply, Wintrust and Uline.
Mentor Program Contacts
Business Career Center Staff
Karen Rinehart, Teresa Massoels, Laura Philbin and Connie Knoll