Saeed Karshenas, Ph.D., P.E.
Professor of Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering
Office: Haggerty Engineering, 259
Phone: (414) 288-3530
- System reliability analysis
- Construction safety
- Computer applications in construction
- Ph.D., 1981, Construction Engineering and Management, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- M.S., 1975, Structural Engineering, Tehran University
- B.S., 1974, Civil Engineering, Tehran University
Peer Reviewed Publications
- S. Karshenas and Anamika Sharma, “An Interactive Visual Approach to Construction Scheduling Education,” ASEE annual conference, October 10-11, 2009, Milwaukee, WI.
- S. Karshenas, “Visualization and Multimedia Applications in Construction Cost Estimating Education,” ASCE Construction Congress 2009, April 4-8, 2009, Seattle, WA.
- C. Capano and S. Karshenas, “Development of a Single Source Digital Repository for Construction Company Procurement Operations Data,” Proceedings of the Canadian Society of Civil Engineers annual Conference, June 10-13, 2008, Quebec, Canada.
- Karshenas, S., “A Computerized Approach to Design Cost Analysis,” American Association of Cost Engineers Annual Conference, Nashville, TN, July 2007.
- Capano, C. and Karshenas, S., “An Information Structure for Construction Operations Management,” ASCE Construction Research Congress, Bahamas, May 2007.
- Karshenas, S., “A Schematic Design Cost Management System,” ASCE Construction Research Congress, Bahamas, May 2007.
- S. Karshenas, “Automated Design Cost Estimating,” ASCE 2006 Architectural
Engineering National Conference, March 29-April 1, Omaha, Nebraska.
- S. Karshenas, “Const Estimating in the Age of Parametric CAD Software and Object Databases,” Proceedings of ASCE Construction Research Congress 2005, April 5 to 7, 2005, San Diego, CA.
- C. Capano and S. Karshenas, “Construction Business Process Modeling for Interoperability,” Proceedings of the Future of the AEC Industry Conference, March 16 and 17, 2005, Las Vegas, NV.
- C. Capano, S. Karshenas and C Struble, “A Case-based Reasoning Approach to Cost Estimating,” Proceedings of the 41st annual ASC Conference, April 6-9, 2005, Cincinnati, OH.
- C. Capano and S. Karshenas, “Applying Accepted Economic Indicators to Predict Cost Escalation for Construction,” Proceedings of the 39th Annual International Conference of the Associated Schools of Construction, April 2003, Clemson, CS.
- C. Capano, S. Karshenas, and C. Struble, (2003), “Case-Based Reasoning Applications in Estimating Concrete Construction Costs,” Proceedings of ISEC International 3 Conference on Information Systems in Engineering and Construction, June 2003, Cocoa Beach Florida.
- S. Karshenas and J. Tse, “ Application of Case-Based Reasoning in Construction Cost Estimating,” Joint US-European Workshop on application of information technology in construction, Nov. 2-4, 2002, Washington, D.C.