Total student population
Marquette is a home away from home for nearly 11,600 undergraduate and graduate students.
The university's excellent reputation draws students from nearly every state and 84 countries.
Fall 2018 enrollment statistics
- Undergraduate enrollment: 8,435
- Graduate and professional enrollment: 3,170
- TOTAL ENROLLMENT: 11,605
- The student-to-faculty ratio is 14:1*.
- The average lower-division class size is 34.
- The average upper-division class size is 22.
* Based on data from fall 2018
Class of 2022 (first-year students)
- 2,162 enrolled students
- 55 percent female and 45 percent male
- 68 percent are from out of state
Class of 2022 high school rank
- 36 percent in the top 1–10 percent
- 24 percent in the top 11–20 percent
- 18 percent in the top 21–30 percent
- 12 percent in the top 31–40 percent
- 6 percent in the top 41–50 percent
Visit our freshman profile page for information about incoming freshman ACT and SAT scores.