The Office of Institutional Research and Analysis (OIRA) reports to the Office of the Provost and is located in suite 203 of Zilber Hall.
Alexandra Riley, Director of Institutional Research
Email | LinkedIn Profile | (414) 288-8049
Alix has been with Marquette University since 2007 and oversees OIRA. She has an M.S. in Statistics and a B.S. in Statistics and Computer Science from UW-Madison. Prior to Marquette, Alix worked as a Healthcare Statistician at Assurant Health and as a Mathematical Statistician at the National Agricultural Statistics Service in Washington, D.C. Outside of Marquette, Alix enjoys spending time with family, cooking and hiking. She also coordinates a LEGO robotics league in her kids’ school and helps coach a LEGO robotics team.
- Enrollment projections, program review, Beyond Boundaries strategic plan
- Member, Provost's Cabinet
- Member, Beyond Boundaries Steering Committee
- Member, Enrollment Projection Committee
- Chair, U.S. News and World Report Ranking Committee
Laura MacBride, Associate Director of Institutional Research
Email | LinkedIn Profile | (414) 288-6931
Laura joined OIRA in 2009. She has a B.A. in Sociology and Anthropology from Gustavus Adolphus College and an M.A. in Sociology from UW-Milwaukee plus additional advanced graduate study credits. Prior to Marquette, Laura worked as a Research Assistant at the Office of Applied Gerontology at UW-Milwaukee. In her free time, Laura enjoys gardening, exploring the outdoors, and trying out new recipes. She is on the leadership team for her neighborhood’s farmers market and also volunteers with the Wisconsin Illinois SAS Users group.
- Faculty Activities Database (FAD)
- Student success analytics
- Admissions analytics
- Member, CAPS
- Member, Higher Learning Commission Quality Improvement Project Team
- Member, Campus Climate Study Committee
- Member, Institutional Survey Steering Committee
- Member, FAD Advisory Group
- Back-up for: Qualtrics, Student survey administration and analysis
Heba Ali, Research Analyst
Email | (414) 288-3907
Heba joined OIRA in 2019. She has a B.A. in Sociology with a Concentration in Analysis and Research (CAR) from UW-Madison, and a M.S.Ed. in Education Policy from the University of Pennsylvania. Prior to Marquette, Heba worked as a Data Consultant for the Philadelphia Academy of School Leaders. In her free time, Heba enjoys traveling, cooking and spending time with her family and friends.
- Course evaluations, Marquette Online Course Evaluation System (MOCES) Administrator
- Student survey administration and analysis
- Maintain access roles/rights to OIRA systems
- Website maintenance of course evaluations, surveys and FAD
- Coordinate and track internal requests for information
- Chair, Online Survey Review Group
- Member, University Assessment Committee
Kevin Chovanec, Ph.D., Business Intelligence Analyst
Email | (414) 288-5181
Kevin joined OIRA in 2021, returning home to Milwaukee after working as an Assistant Professor at Christian Brothers University (CBU) in Memphis, TN. He holds a B.S. in Mathematics and English from Marquette and a Ph. D. in English from the University of North Carolina, and he is finishing an M.S. in Computer Information Systems at CBU. Kevin spends his time outside of OIRA exploring the city with his kids, reading, enjoying this golden age of television, and visiting family.
- Development and maintenance of OIRA production data
- Development and maintenance of OIRA Tableau visualizations
- Member, CheckMates
- Member, Data Stewardship Committee
Sonia Garcia, Research Analyst
Email | LinkedIn Profile | (414) 288-1906
Sonia joined OIRA in 2021. She has a M.S. in Student Affairs in Higher Education from Colorado State University and a B.S. in Communication Studies from UW-La Crosse. Prior to this role, Sonia served as the McNair Scholars Program Coordinator at Marquette University. Outside of this role, Sonia serves as a facilitator for Making Marquette Inclusive and enjoys educating the campus about social justice and equity-related topics. In her free time, she enjoys traveling, crossing items off her bucket list, reading, and cooking!
- Prepare statistical information for guidebooks, rankings and respond to requests for information from external organizations (IPEDS, U.S. News and World Report, etc.)
- Coordinate and respond to internal requests for data and information
- Coordinate and prepare statistical information for the Board of Trustees
- Member, U.S. News and World Report Ranking Committee