The Office of Institutional Research and Analysis (OIRA) reports to the Office of the Provost and is located in suite 203 of Zilber Hall.
Alexandra Riley, Director of Institutional Research
Email | LinkedIn Profile | (414) 288-8049
Alix has been with Marquette University since 2007 and oversees OIRA. She has an M.S. in Statistics and a B.S. in Statistics and Computer Science from UW-Madison. Prior to Marquette, Alix worked as a Healthcare Statistician at Assurant Health and as a Mathematical Statistician at the National Agricultural Statistics Service in Washington, D.C. Outside of Marquette, Alix enjoys spending time with family, cooking and hiking. She also coordinates a LEGO robotics league in her kids’ school and helps coach a LEGO robotics team.
- Enrollment projections, program review, strategic planning
Laura MacBride, Associate Director of Institutional Research
Email | LinkedIn Profile | (414) 288-6931
Laura joined OIRA in 2009. She has a B.A. in Sociology and Anthropology from Gustavus Adolphus College and an M.A. in Sociology from UW-Milwaukee plus additional advanced graduate study credits. Prior to Marquette, Laura worked as a Research Assistant at the Office of Applied Gerontology at UW-Milwaukee. In her free time, Laura enjoys gardening, exploring the outdoors, and trying out new recipes. She is on the leadership team for her neighborhood’s farmers market and also volunteers with the Wisconsin Illinois SAS Users group.
- Faculty Activities Database (FAD)
- Student success analytics
- Admissions analytics
- Member, CAPS
- Member, Student Success Initiative Analytics Strategy Team
- Member, Institutional Survey Steering Committee
- Member, FAD Advisory Group
- Member, Online Survey Review Group
- Student survey administration and analysis
Kevin Chovanec, Ph.D., Data Scientist
Email | (414) 288-5181
Kevin joined OIRA in 2021, returning home to Milwaukee after working as an Assistant Professor at Christian Brothers University (CBU) in Memphis, TN. He holds a B.S. in Mathematics and English from Marquette and a Ph. D. in English from the University of North Carolina, and he is finishing an M.S. in Computer Information Systems at CBU. Kevin spends his time outside of OIRA exploring the city with his kids, reading, enjoying this golden age of television, and visiting family.
- Development and maintenance of OIRA production data
- Development and maintenance of OIRA Tableau visualizations
- Member, CheckMates
- Member, Data Stewardship Committee
Israel Mitchell, Data and Systems Specialist
Email | (414) 288-3907
Israel joined OIRA in 2023. He holds a B.A. in Marketing and Communication, an M.S. in Higher Education Administration, and an M.S. in Computer Science from Concordia University - Wisconsin. Before joining OIRA, Israel served at Concordia University in Residence Life as a Resident Director and in Enrollment Services as an Analyst. Outside of the office, Israel enjoys swimming, watching the Green Bay Packers, binge watching TV shows, and spending time with family and friends.
- Faculty Activities Database (FAD) primary administrator
- Student survey admministration and analysis
- Coordinate and track internal requests for information
- Chair, Online Survey Review Group
- Member, University Assessment Committee
- Member, FAD Advisory Group
Jackielee Derks, Ph.D., Data and Systems Specialist
Email | (414) 288-1906
Jackie joined OIRA in 2023 after working as a Teaching Assistant Professor in English . She holds a B.A. in English and Women’s and Gender Studies from Alverno College and a Ph.D. in English from Marquette University. Prior to Marquette, Jackie worked as a freelance instructional designer and a media and design consultant. In her free time, Jackie enjoys reading, catching up on the latest TV and films, and spending time with her family.
- Coordinate responses to institutional surveys like U.S. News and World Report rankings, College Board, and other guidebook or ranking organizations
- Serve as IPEDS keyholder
- Course evaluations