MOCES Frequently Asked Questions
Marquette Online Course Evaluation System (MOCES)
Expand all | Collapse all
How do I login to the course evaluation system?
I'm logged in, but I don't see any classes to evaluate.
- Place your mouse arrow over the Paper icon labeled “Surveys” located in the upper left-hand corner of the page, and select Available Surveys from the drop down menu that appears. You will be directed to a page called My Surveys. If you do not see any classes here, then either you have already submitted your evaluations or you are not enrolled in any classes that are being evaluated online.
If you are enrolled in a class that you believe should have an evaluation, but you do not see that class once you log in, firstname.lastname@example.org.
PROBLEMS WITH CLASS/INSTRUCTOR
Why aren't my classes appearing?
- Not every class will be evaluated. For example, independent studies, co-ops, and internships are not evaluated. If you are enrolled in a class that you believe should have an evaluation, but you do not see that class once you you log in, please email email@example.com.
The instructor associated with my class is incorrect. What should I do?
The course evaluation system is asking me to evaluate a class that I am not enrolled in. What should I do?
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are asked to evaluate a class that you are not enrolled in.Classes that are cross-listed or combined will be evaluated together. Make sure to look at the course name if the course number does not look familiar. If a class is cross-listed, the other sections that are combined with the class will be listed in the course name.
How will I be notified that course evaluations are available?
- If you are enrolled in a class that is being evaluated online this semester, you will receive an email from “Marquette Course Evaluation Manager” with instructions on how to log into the system and complete your evaluation(s). If you have not received an email by the last day of classes from “Marquette Course Evaluation Manager”, please email email@example.com.
I filled out some of my evaluations. Why do I keep getting reminder emails from "Marquette Course Evaluation Manager"?
- MOCES will send you reminder email messages until all of your evaluations are complete. If you receive a reminder message, then you still have incomplete evaluations. Log into MOCES and place your mouse arrow over the Paper icon labeled “Surveys” located in the upper left-hand corner of the page, and select Available Surveys from the drop down menu that appears. If you see any classes listed here, then you still have evaluations to complete.
When you are finished with an evaluation, make sure to click “Submit Survey” and click “OK” if you are sure you want to submit the survey.
If you log in and do not see any surveys available and you are still receiving reminder messages, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are my responses confidential?
Be assured that individual student responses to course evaluations are confidential. Instructors will only have access to aggregated results from the evaluation and the submitted comments, NEVER individual responses. Names, ID numbers, usernames, or any other identifying information will never appear with the results of an evaluation.
The instructor cannot see individual responses nor can the instructor determine who submitted the comments (unless the student identifies him or herself in the comments). The instructor also does not know which students responded; the instructor only knows the number of responses and the total enrollment of the class.
Instructors NEVER see the results of the course evaluations until after all their final grades have been submitted to the registrar. Course evaluation results are not released until after all final grades for all classes have been submitted to the Office of the Registrar. At that point, instructors will have access to the aggregated results of their course evaluations as well as student comments.
Why do I need to log in if my responses are confidential?
- Only students who are enrolled in a class should be eligible to evaluate it. Logging in guarantees that only those students enrolled in a given class will be able to evaluate it. It also guarantees that a student will only evaluate a class once.