MEDIA/ PHOTO OPPORTUNITY: Hunger Clean-Up, Marquette University’s largest day of service, is April 27
MILWAUKEE — Hunger Clean-Up, Marquette University’s largest day of service, will be held Saturday, April 27. Celebrating it’s 30th anniversary, Hunger Clean-Up is bringing together approximately 1,300 students, alumni, faculty and staff to volunteer at more than 60 service sites around Milwaukee.
Media interested in covering Hunger Clean-Up can find Marquette volunteers at the following locations:
- Pete's Pops: 3807 W. Vilet St.
- Volunteers will participate in neighborhood clean-up on the Near West Side and assist in the opening of Pete’s Pops, a popsicle business.
- Victory Garden Initiative: 249 E. Concordia Avenue
- Volunteers will help clean up the 1.5-acre Victory Garden, an urban farm prepared for food production in May and assist in cleaning up the surrounding streets and sidewalks.
- Clarke Square Neighborhood Initiative: 2110 W. Scott St.
- Volunteers will carry out a traffic study by way of manual traffic counts. The mission of the Clarke Square Neighborhood Initiative is to improve the neighborhood and benefit community residents. CSNI is responsible for leading the continued implementation of the Clarke Square Quality of Life Plan.
For media inquiries the day of Hunger Clean-Up, please contact Kelly Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org or (585) 507-7876. There will be opportunities to interview Marquette staff, student volunteers and homeowners at the homes where the work is being done between 10 a.m. and noon.
Members of the media needing to contact Clarke Square should call Ian Bautista at (414) 405-8177.
Give to Hunger Clean-Up
This year’s Hunger Clean-Up Community Spotlight is Walker’s Point Youth and Family Center. The money raised will be directly given back to Walker’s Point, where they will use the money to recreate a youth art therapy program. Online onations are now being accepted on the Hunger Clean-Up 30th Anniversary webpage on Marquette University’s GiveCampus website.
About Shelby Williamson
Shelby is a senior communication specialist in the Office of Marketing and Communication. Contact Shelby at (414) 288-6712 or email@example.com