Marquette faculty experts available for Super Bowl stories
Feb. 2, 2021
MILWAUKEE — With Super Bowl LV happening Feb. 7, several members of the Marquette University faculty are offering expert commentary on different game-related topics.
From the shift in Super Bowl commercial marketing amid the pandemic to the cultural phenomenon of the big game, Marquette faculty can help with coverage.
- Dr. Felicia Miller, chair and associate professor of marketing in the College of Business Administration, can discuss how some companies will shift their focus and use their commercial slots to bring attention to things like COVID-19 vaccinations and social justice. Email her at email@example.com.
- Dr. Nicholas Jolly, associate professor of economics in the College of Business Administration, can talk about the general economic impact and historical significance of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers both hosting and playing in this year’s Super Bowl during the pandemic. Email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prof. Matt Mitten, professor of law and executive director of the National Sports Law Institute, is available for sports law questions surrounding trademarks, sponsorships, professional sports, football and the Super Bowl. Email him at email@example.com.
- Dr. James South, professor of philosophy in the Klingler College of Arts and Sciences and pop culture expert, can explore some of the social and cultural factors that draw people of all kinds to the Super Bowl — one of the most watched programs on television. Email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prof. Keith Owsley and Prof. Chris Geiser, clinical assistant professors of athletic training in the College of Health Sciences, can discuss injuries to key players and their likelihood to rebound for the Super Bowl. Email them at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media interested in these or other Super Bowl-related stories should contact Shelby Williamson in the Office of Marketing and Communication at email@example.com or (262) 441-0516.
About Shelby Williamson
Shelby is a senior communication specialist in the Office of Marketing and Communication. Contact Shelby at (414) 288-6712 or firstname.lastname@example.org