Advisory: “J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of the Manuscript” media preview is Aug. 18
Aug. 16, 2022
MILWAUKEE — The Haggerty Museum of Art at Marquette University is hosting a media preview day for “J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of the Manuscript” on Thursday, Aug. 18, from noon until 2 p.m.
Media are invited to tour the exhibition, get b-roll and interview organizers from the Haggerty Museum of Art, Raynor Memorial Libraries and the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. The exhibition opens to the public on Friday, Aug. 19, and runs through Friday, Dec. 23.
Date, Time and Location:
- Thursday, Aug. 18, from noon to 2 p.m.
- Haggerty Museum of Art, 1234 W. Tory Hill St.
- Dr. William Fliss, exhibition co-curator and curator of the J.R.R. Tolkien Collection in Marquette’s Department of Special Collections and University Archives
- Dr. Sarah Schaefer, exhibition co-curator and assistant professor of art history at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Susan Longhenry, director and chief curator of the Haggerty Museum of Art
- While general b-roll of the art and the manuscripts on display is allowed, up-close photography and video of individual pieces is prohibited. Approved high-resolution images are available for use in media stories.
*Please note: To attend, media must contact Kevin Conway at (414) 202-9329 or at email@example.com.
About Kevin Conway
Kevin is the associate director for university communication in the Office of University Relations. Contact Kevin at (414) 288-4745 or firstname.lastname@example.org.