Media Advisory: Move-in day at Marquette residence halls is Aug. 24
Aug. 17, 2022
MILWAUKEE — Marquette University will welcome the Class of 2026 into its residence halls on Wednesday, Aug. 24, ahead of the start of the 2022-23 academic year.
Move-in begins at 8 a.m. with a formal blessing for new students and their families at 9:30 a.m. at The Commons (721 N. 17th St.). New Student Convocation will be held Thursday, Aug. 25, at 4 p.m. on Central Mall, south of Wisconsin Avenue and adjacent to St. Joan of Arc Chapel.
The first day of school for all undergraduate students is Monday, Aug. 29.
Move-In Day Media: Wednesday, Aug. 24
Media availability for residence hall move-in takes place from 8 a.m. to noon at The Commons (721 N. 17th St.). The best photo, video and interview opportunities will occur then. Access to residence hall rooms at The Commons can be provided by Office of University Relations staff. Students will also be moving into eight other residence halls across campus.
During move-in, there will be street closures on 13th, 17th and 18th Streets between Wells Street and Wisconsin Avenue.
Parking information for media: Please park in Structure 1 (next to No. 54) or in Lot A on this campus map.
Interviews and photo opportunities with university leaders are available at The Commons:
- 6 a.m. – Staff will be on hand to help facilitate live shots; Dr. Xavier Cole, vice president for student affairs
- Live interviews can be scheduled in advance on a first come, first served basis
- Topics include: COVID protocols; campus vaccination information; class demographics and statistics; general university information
- 9:15 a.m. – Marquette President Michael R. Lovell will hand out keys to new residents in the registration area, but he will be unavailable for interviews.
- 9:30 a.m. – Blessing of new students and families at The Commons
New Student Convocation: Thursday, Aug. 25
Convocation, considered the “formal welcome” to Marquette for new students and their families, will take place at 4 p.m. on Central Mall, south of Wisconsin Avenue and adjacent to St. Joan of Arc Chapel.
*Please note: To enter Residence Halls, or for an interview with a Marquette staff member or student, media must contact Kevin Conway, associate director of university communication, at (414) 202-9329.
About Kevin Conway
Kevin is the associate director for university communication in the Office of University Relations. Contact Kevin at (414) 288-4745 or firstname.lastname@example.org.