Media Advisory: Marquette president, basketball coaches, Sendik's Fresh2Go co-owner to give out breakfast to students on first day of classes, Aug. 28
Aug. 25, 2023
MILWAUKEE — Marquette University President Michael R. Lovell, Head Men's Basketball Coach Shaka Smart, Head Women’s Basketball Coach Megan Duffy and Sendik’s Fresh2Go Co-Owner Ted Balistreri will give out 400 donated breakfasts from Sendik's Fresh2Go to Marquette students on the first day of classes, Monday, Aug. 28.
Date, time and location:
- Monday, Aug. 28, from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Sendik's Fresh2Go — Marquette parking lot, located at 824 N. 16th St.
- Michael R. Lovell, president of Marquette University, handing out breakfast and available for interviews from 8:45 a.m. to 9:10 a.m.
- Shaka Smart, head men's basketball coach, handing out breakfast and available for interviews from 8:45 a.m. to 9:10 a.m.
- Megan Duffy, head women's basketball coach, handing out breakfast and available for interviews from 8:45 a.m. to 9:10 a.m.
- Ted Balistreri, co-owner of Sendik's, handing out breakfast and available for interviews from 8:45 a.m. to 9:10 a.m.
*Please note: To attend, media must contact Kevin Conway at (414) 202-9329 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Marquette University
Marquette University is a Catholic, Jesuit university located near the heart of downtown Milwaukee that offers a comprehensive range of majors in 11 nationally and internationally recognized colleges and schools. Through the formation of hearts and minds, Marquette prepares our 11,100 undergraduate, graduate, doctoral and professional students to lead, excel and serve as agents of positive change. And, we deliver results. Ranked in the top 20% of national universities, Marquette is recognized for its undergraduate teaching, innovation and career preparation as the sixth-best university in the country for job placement. Our focus on student success and immersive, personalized learning experiences encourages students to think critically and engage with the world around them. When students graduate with a Marquette degree, they are truly prepared and called to Be The Difference.
About Kevin Conway
Kevin is the associate director for university communication in the Office of University Relations. Contact Kevin at (414) 288-4745 or email@example.com.