Hitting the gym in 2023-24:
Your guide to fitness and recreation spaces at Marquette
The Helfaer Tennis Stadium and Recreation Center (Rec Center) is now closed to accommodate renovations and construction for the reimagined, comprehensive Wellness + Recreation facility. Visit the Temporary Recreation Spaces page for fitness and recreation spaces available throughout the project.
Visit the Building Hours page to check out Spring 2023 hours of operation.
Find your place for fitness and recreation
Click the i on each location for more information or visit the Temporary Recreation Spaces page for more details.
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School
1818 W. National Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53204
- The university has arranged to use the gymnasium at nearby Cristo Rey Jesuit High School for club sport practices, particularly club volleyball.
Fitness Center at O'Donnell Hall
725 N. 18th St.
(enter from the west off of 19th St.)
- The fitness center is located in the lobby and lower level of O’Donnell Hall.
- This fully renovated space features cardio and weight training equipment, a spin room and a personal stretching room.
- Full-time recreation staff on site.
1532 W. Clybourn St.
- The Old Gym is used primarily for open play, intramural and club basketball.
1532 W. Wells St.
- Gymnasium space at the Annex is available for group exercise classes, intramurals and open play.
Rec Plex Nest at Straz Tower
915 W. Wisconsin Ave.
- All currently available equipment and amenities, including steam room, sauna and whirlpool, at the Rec Plex will remain available throughout the construction and renovation project.
- Space in Straz (formerly occupied by the offices of Finance and Human Resources) has been renovated to provide additional fitness space featuring cardio and weight training equipment.
- The Rec Center’s full-time staff is housed here.
For other questions:
Or to report issues with the website, please contact email@example.com.