Courtesy Card Loan Rules
Courtesy Cards permit the borrowing of library materials by users who are not members of the Marquette community.
The Marquette University Libraries' extends Courtesy Cards to the following eligible borrowers with valid ID from their organization:
Alumni of Marquette University
American Concrete Institute Members
Ancient Order of Hibernians Members
Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) - students and faculty
Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design (MIAD) Faculty
Milwaukee Theological Institute – students and faculty
Nashotah House - students and faculty
Sacred Heart School of Theology - students and faculty
St. Francis seminary- students and faculty
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (UWM) Faculty
Wisconsin School of Professional Psychology - students and faculty
COURTESY ID CARD
A valid Marquette Courtesy Card must be presented to check out library material. Each borrower is responsible for all material borrowed on his/her Courtesy Card. Privileges are NOT transferrable and the Courtesy Card holder must be present for books to be checked out. Report a lost or stolen courtesy card immediately to the Library Services Desk. You must maintain a current address and phone number with the Raynor library.
PERIODICAL DATABASE ACCESS
Courtesy Card holders may use library databases onsite, but off-campus access is not available.
Books are loaned for four weeks (28 days). The due date is stamped in the material at the time of check out. Only 10 items may be checked out on a Courtesy Card. Items may be recalled from Courtesy Card holders, but not for them. Courtesy Card holders must comply with the Library recall policy. Failure to comply may result in the loss of borrowing privileges.
Special collections may have shorter loan periods:
- AVM collection (DVD/Video) - 5 day loan-no renewal
- Browsing collection - 3 week loan-no renewal
- Ciszek collection - 3 week loan -no renewal
- Manresa collection- 3 week loan -no renewal
- Children’s collection - 3 week loan
- Reference collection - 1 week loan unless noted as Library Use Only.
Books may be renewed for an additional four weeks starting seven days before the due date, if there are no holds or recalls by other patrons. The renewal period is an additional 4 weeks. One renewal is permitted. Courtesy Card renewals can be made in-person at the Library Services Desk or by phone at (414) 288-7555.
- An overdue notice is sent as a courtesy on the first day after the due date. Borrowing privileges are suspended at this point until the material is returned or renewed.
- A 2nd notice is sent 10 days after the due date detailing the charges that will be incurred if the material is not returned or renewed within ten days.
- Material not returned or renewed within 3 weeks of the due date is considered lost. A bill for the replacement cost of the material plus a $15.00 non-refundable billing fee is issued. The replacement cost of the book will be credited if the material is returned within four months of the due date. Bills and credits for lost library material are processed at the Library Services Desk in Raynor.
- All overdue notices are sent as a courtesy and non-receipt of notices does not exempt the borrower from overdue penalties.
WAICU (Wisconsin Association of Independent Colleges and Universities)
Faculty and staff with a current photo ID from member colleges or universities of WAICU have onsite access to Raynor Library's print and electronic resources. For additional information, call (414) 288-7555.
Periodicals do not circulate to Courtesy Card holders.