Off-Campus Services

Visit the Off-campus Housing website!

Off-campus Services

The Office of University Apartments and Off-campus Student Services provides students with useful tools to help them find a perfect place and remain comfortable once they've moved in. The Marquette neighborhood and greater Milwaukee community provide a variety of housing options for upperclassmen, graduate students and families.

Neighborhood Safety

The Marquette University Police Department is nationally recognized for the services it provides to the campus community. Some unique services offered to students living off campus include:

  • Security checks — before signing a lease, contact MUPD to request that an officer examine the apartment/house to ensure that all entrances and windows are secure
  • Vacant house watch — going home for winter break? Let MUPD know, and officers will pay extra attention to your apartment/house on their routine patrols

More information about MUPD’s services can be found on their website. 

Landlord/tenant Concerns

If you are having problems with your landlord and need guidance to navigate the terms of your lease, we are happy to help. Three resources that may be helpful:

Milwaukee Department of Neighborhood Services: The city has a searchable database of properties, providing information on past complaints and building status. You can also submit a complaint officially with the city. 

MU Volunteer Legal Clinic: The legal clinic is held from 3-7 p.m. every Tuesday at the House of Peace Community Center (1702 W. Walnut; corner of 17th and Walnut streets). Contact them at (414) 933-1300. Take all documentation with you — your lease, any other agreements between you and the landlord, and all correspondence. 

Consumer protection: Download the landlord/tenant complaint form. You can also contact the Milwaukee office at (414) 266-1231. 

If you need assistance or have questions about the Milwaukee area, contact us at (414) 288-7281 or or stop by 1500 W. Wells St. #109.