All Summer Studies undergraduate courses to take place online
Due to COVID-19, all 2020 Summer Studies undergraduate courses will be offered online to ensure that students can continue their studies from the safety of their homes. Students currently registered for on campus summer classes will be contacted and advised about switching to an online class.
Registration is now open for Summer 2020
Summer Studies is a great way to do more with your summer. Get your degree faster or catch up on coursework. Check off some requirements or check out some electives. With more classes available and more online options than ever, Summer Studies at Marquette is a great opportunity to get more out of your summer break.
Summer Studies offers:
- The ability to add credits in a short period of time, shortening your time to degree
- The flexibility of online coursework
- The opportunity to satisfy program or Core Curriculum requirements
- A reduced tuition rate: $750 per credit
Summer Studies considerations:
- Summer Studies courses are regular Marquette courses, carry Marquette credit, and count toward degree and major requirements like all other Marquette courses
- Summer Studies classes are reduced to $750 per credit
- Financial aid may be available for Summer Studies; refer to Marquette Central for eligibility/requirements and options available
- For full-time status, you must be registered for at least 12 credits in the fall and spring semesters. Summer Studies credits do not contribute toward a student’s full-time status for Fall or Spring semester
- Summer Studies tuition charges are separate from Fall or Spring semester tuition
Who can enroll?
- Current undergraduate and graduate students at Marquette.
- Incoming freshmen who will attend Marquette in Fall.
- Students from others colleges or universities are also welcome to enroll as visiting students.
- Learn more at How to Enroll in Summer Studies.
What about online classes?
Online courses are a popular option among Marquette students who do Summer Studies.
Online courses offer students the flexibility to work, travel or do an internship during summer and still take a class or two to meet requirements or lighten their load for Fall or Spring. Marquette’s online summer classes are taught by Marquette faculty for Marquette credit, so there is no worry about whether credits will transfer (as may be the case when taking classes elsewhere during summer). Find online classes during Summer Studies at Marquette Class Search.
When exactly is Summer Studies?
Summer Studies at Marquette offers six different sessions in the summer.
Sessions 1 and 2 are the most popular choices – each session lasts six weeks and offers the same material and curriculum as a semester long class. Visit Marquette Class Search to see what classes are offered and check availability of open seats.
- Session 1: May 18, 2020 – June 27, 2020
- Session 2: July 6, 2020 – August 15, 2020
- Session 3: May 26, 2020 – August 1, 2020
- Session 4: May 11, 2020 – June 27, 2020
- Session 5: June 29, 2020 – August 15, 2020
- Session 6: May 11, 2020 – August 15, 2020
Visit Academic Calendar 2019-20 for specific information about Summer Studies deadlines.