- What is Clinical Laboratory Science?
- Program Goals
- Entry Level Competencies
As our educational commitment to the student we will:
- Educate persons who will be highly skilled in the intelligent performance of laboratory procedures.
- Educate persons who will be qualified to work in the field of Clinical Laboratory Science.
- Provide the necessary didactic and practical education, which will enable the student to compete in the job market.
- Educate students in principles and techniques in all areas of the laboratory and provide practice in laboratory testing so they develop confidence in their ability.
- Provide instruction and evaluation to help the student achieve the objectives of the curriculum.
- Provide knowledge of disease processes and the correlation of laboratory testing.
- Provide instruction in laboratory safety, to include topics such as standard precautions and the safe handling of biological specimens.
- Help students develop an understanding of medical and professional ethics.
- Guide students to an understanding that the patient is the primary reason for the clinical laboratory scientist and that as a professional there is a need to protect the integrity and confidentiality of the results.