Straz Tower was previously the central branch of YMCA Milwaukee.
Marquette started leasing space in the YMCA in 1974 and purchased the building in 1993. It was previously known on campus as East Hall but was renovated in 2000 and named for Marquette business alumnus David A. Straz, Jr. He is chairman of Southern Exchange Bank and sole shareholder of Charter Banking Corp., and a past member of Marquette's Board of Trustees.
Straz Tower is an 18-story high-rise residence hall featuring the following amenities:
- Private baths with cups, soap and towels
- Air conditioning
- Extra-long twin beds with linens
- Desks with chair
- Free wireless Internet access
- Iron and ironing boards available at front desk
- Kitchenette on lower level
- Common study/meeting room on each floor
- Private meeting rooms and auditorium (by reservation only)
- Parking (nightly rate)
- 24-hour desk service
- Rec Plex Fitness Center (nominal fee for use)
- Coin-operated laundry
- Vending machines
To inquire about guest housing, dining services and meeting facilities for your summer conference or other program, please contact us.