The featured presentation was "Reimagining Data Collection and Use in the Age of Smart Devices", by Dr. Jessica Vitak, an associate professor in the College of Information Studies and an affiliate professor in the Communication Department at the University of Maryland. Dr. Vitak's work seeks to understand how privacy concerns play a role in technology adoption and use, and she develops tools and resources to help children and adults make more informed decisions when using technology and sharing sensitive data.
The event included a researcher panel & discussion on “Privacy & Security Dimensions of Smart Devices”, featuring insights from:
A student research showcase also highlighted work-in-progress presented by:
• Nick Ceccio, University of Wisconsin-Madison
• Alex Gebhard, Marquette University
• Nidhi Nellore, Marquette University
• Farhat Tasnim Progga, Marquette University
• Sophie Stephenson, University of Wisconsin-Madison