Education Deans of Greater Milwaukee
The Education Deans of Greater Milwaukee is comprised of leadership from nine area institutions of higher education.
Mission: EDGM leverages assets of our institutions to support the continuous improvement of PK-21 education in the region. To accomplish this mission, we also engage others who share our common goals.
- A commitment to honest communication
- To speak with one voice where we have a common position and a common need
- To view issues from multiple perspectives
- To respect differences, distinctive programs and needs of individual institutions/ organizations while appreciating that our mutual work is broad and offers greater impact than any individual effort
- To serve metropolitan Milwaukee learners of all types and ages
- To use a team approach to problem solving and decisions about initiatives or public statements
- To use our shared knowledge, investment and accountability practices to drive positive outcomes in PK-12 schooling, drawing on and enhancing the strengths of each institution
- To recognize that all members of EDGM and partners bring issues that are relevant to the entire group in that they may be the impetus for new public statements or initiatives