The Educational Opportunity Program – Student Support Services Program (EOP-SSS), an academic department of Marquette University, has assisted over 2,000 first generation college students and students from low-income families in obtaining a college education since 1969.
EOP-SSS graduates have established successful careers and become leaders in health, business, law, government, and other professions. We invite you to explore the EOP-SSS tradition of success through education!
What does EOP- Student Support Services (SSS) provide?
- A six-week residential experience for admitted students the summer before freshman year, where students complete two three-credit Marquette courses, English, math and study skills seminars, and participate in other activities.
- One-on-one and group academic-year tutoring, career, and personal counseling.
- Individualized financial aid counseling and financial assistance.
- Must demonstrate motivation, maturity, and a genuine interest in pursuing academic goals.
- Have a need for academic support as determined by Marquette University EOP-SSS to successfully complete a post-secondary educational program.
- Complete your Marquette University undergraduate admissions application by the EOP-SSS admissions deadline.
- Citizen of the United States of America or meet the residency requirements needed for federal student financial assistance.
- First-generation college student (neither of your parents holds a bachelor’s degree) AND/OR high financial need based on eligibility for the Federal Pell Grant.
- If you would like to check your eligibility for the Federal Pell Grant, use the Net Price Calculator (English) / Net Price Calculator (Spanish). Be sure to continue all the way through the steps by clicking “Calculate Financial Aid” at the bottom of the estimated Père Marquette Scholarship screen. Please note that the amount calculated reflects an estimated student award for a non-EOP student. You should only focus on the Federal Pell Grant eligibility. If an amount is listed for Pell Grant, then you will be considered high financial need.
Email is the primary method of communication at Marquette University unless prohibited by law. To apply to EOP, you must have an email address that you have regular and easy access to.
The freshman admissions application for the 2022-23 academic year has closed.