AP, IB, CLEP and College Credit Transfer

Marquette thinks students who have demonstrated competency in a subject area should have their accomplishments recognized by the university. At the same time, we cherish the integrity of our academic programs, requirements and regulations.

To see how your advanced standing and college credits will transfer to Marquette, please review our placement guides below. As always, contact us at (414) 288-7302 with any questions.

Transferring college course work

Students who have earned credit for college course work are encouraged to submit official transcripts to Marquette for review. The transfer course credit policy can be viewed at this link.

See how your credits transfer with our Credit Transfer Evaluator.

AP credit transfer

Marquette awards credit in recognition for performance on the AP examinations. A student may choose to take the credits awarded or take the equivalent course at Marquette. Pre-med and pre-dent students are encouraged to consult with a pre-health adviser before accepting AP credit awards.

Please note that Marquette will not accept AP scores or AP-awarded transfer credit from other college or university transcripts as accepted scores vary by institution. AP scores must be sent directly from College Board.

Review our AP credit transfer chart here. 

Cambridge A-Level course credit evaluation

Marquette University will review A-Level course work for credit based on course content. In order to be reviewed, applicants must submit a copy of the syllabus for each course for which they are seeking credit.

CLEP credit transfer

The university recognizes knowledge a student has achieved through independent study or learned endeavors. The CLEP credit and placement chart dictates the official policy of the university about CLEP scores.

Review our CLEP credit transfer chart here. 

International Baccalaureate course work

Marquette recognizes the rigorous academic preparation that students who pursue IB courses as part of their high school curriculum get. The IB credit and placement chart provides guidance to students who have received an official evaluation of their work from IB.

Review our IB credit transfer chart here. 

Project Lead the Way credit transfer

Marquette awards credit for PLTW course work based on suitable end-of-course assessment scores. A distinguished score level is required for Marquette course credit.

End-of-course assessment scores should be sent directly from the myPLTW student account to the Office of Admissions at admissions@marquette.edu

Review our PLTW credit transfer chart here.

Follow this link for more information about PLTW score sharing