National Merit Scholarship Programs
Marquette guarantees the full $3,000 National Merit Award* to all National Merit Finalists beginning with Fall 2021 admits who have registered Marquette as their first-choice college with the National Merit Scholarship Corp. during PSAT registration.
- Apply for admission to Marquette University.
- Become a National Merit Scholar.
- Indicate Marquette as your first-choice school on the National Merit Scholar form.
- Receive the scholarship upon enrolling at Marquette.
The National Merit Finalist scholarship is additive to any other Marquette-sponsored scholarship. It is possible to exceed full tuition with this scholarship award.
- $2,000 renewable scholarship for students admitted for the Fall 2020 term and before; $3,000 beginning with Fall 2021 admits*
- All National Merit finalists who indicate Marquette as their first choice receive the award.
How do I know if I am a National Merit Scholar?
If you've taken the PSAT examination, you will be notified by the National Merit Scholarship Corp. if you qualify for the award. Only finalists are eligible for the National Merit Scholarship from Marquette.
*Some National Merit Scholarship awards are corporate-sponsored. Corporate-sponsored scholarships less than $2,000 or $3,000 depending on admit year will have the difference supplemented with Marquette scholarship award money for a total of $2,000-$3,000.