For the 2018–19 academic year, Marquette University will engage in a yearlong series of events focusing on civic dialogue and the state of democracies across the world. Building on last year’s theme “Fractured: Health and Equity,” Forum events will engage students, faculty, staff and the communities making up greater Milwaukee in conversations around crucial questions including:
- Is democracy in crisis?
- Who gets to participate in a democracy?
- What are the rights, responsibilities and privileges of citizenship?
- What does democracy demand of its citizens?
- What are the opportunities and responsibilities for non-citizens within a democratic system?
- How would the “Founding Fathers” have envisioned civic engagement in the 21st-century?
- How can Catholic social teachings contribute to democratic dialogues?
Spread the word about #MUForum.
This site will be updated throughout the academic year as we add events to our schedule.