The mission of Cyber Security Awareness and Cyber Defense is to provide excellence in education about cybersecurity, service through partnerships with the university and community, and research opportunities in cybersecurity technology, cybersecurity preparedness and cybersecurity education.
This mission is accomplished by the following:
- Offering a professional master of science degree with a specialization for cybersecurity professionals.
- Providing courses in computing with learning outcomes that support ensuring privacy and security in computing services.
- Fostering curriculum content in other disciplines to ensure all students are aware of cybersecurity threats and defenses about cybersecurity awareness in the local community through partnerships.
- Engaging students in service learning.
- Encouraging collaboration on important research topics based on:
- Partner and community needs
- Interdisciplinary exchanges
- Technical issues in cybersecurity
We are proud to announce that
has been designated a
Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education
By the Department of Homeland Security and the National Security Agency
for the curriculum path
MS in Computing with a specialization in Information Assurance and Cyber Defense