The Cybersecurity Jobs Heat Map and Career Pathways
The national heat map showing cybersecurity jobs has been updated with new data and other features to align with the NICE workforce framework. The the CyberSeek portal provides access to the heat map and additional information about career pathways.
There are a number of academic programs in Wisconsin offering education and training for cyber defense. Examples include the specialization in our master's degree, undergraduate concentrations within baccalaureate programs, two-year degrees, and technical certificate programs. Due to the growing interest in cyber defense the list of program is expanding. Examples of programs include the following:
- Marquette University offers a Specialization in Information Assurance and Cyber Defense within the master's in computing program. This curriculum path is associated with the designation of Marquette University as a Center for Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education by DHS and NSA.
- Madison Area Technical College offers an IT–Network Security Specialist Associate Degree in Applied Science and an IT-Information Security certificate program
- Milwaukee Area Technical College offers several programs. an associate degree and an accelerated associate degree in IT - Information Systems Security Specialist. They also offer a Digital Forensic Analyst Technical Degree and certificates in Information Security Fundamentals, Infrastructure Security; IT-Security Auditing,and System Administration and Security.
- University of Wisconsin–Parkside offers a 9-credit certificate in Cyber Security It is the first computer science certificate offered by a four-year university in Wisconsin that meets the Committee on National Security Systems National Training Standard for Information Systems Security (INFOSEC) Professionals, NSTISSI No. 4011.
- Waukesha County Technical College (WCTC) received designation as one of the National Centers of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense 2-Year Education (CAE-2Y) in recognition of campus activities and the curriculum in the IT - Network Security Specialist Associate of Applied Science degree. It is the only technical program in the State of Wisconsin to receives such recognition from the National IA Education & Training Program (NIETP). WCTC also offers a 16-credit Technical Certificate as a Cyber Security Specialist.
- University of Wisconsin–Stout, Wisconsin's Polytechnic University, offers a Cyber Security concentration within its bachelor's degree in applied mathematics and computer science degree.
- Moraine Park Technical Collegeoffers a 12-credit Information Technology – Information Security certificate at its Fond du Lac campus.
- University of Wisconsin–Whitewater offers an emphasis on networking and security within its information technology and supply chain management department.
There are professional training programs leading to professional certification. These include:
- Captivate Security — Security+, SMSP
- (ISC)2 Info Security Training — CAP, CISSP, ISSMP, ISSAP, ISSEP
- EC Council Certified Ethical Hacker — CEH, CHFI, LPT,ECSA
- IACRB Info Security Training — CCFE, CDRP, CREA, CSSA, CWAPT, CPT, CEPT
- ISACA Info Security Training — CRISC, CGEIT, CISA, CISM
- SANS Institute — GIAC in areas such as Security Essentials, Incident Handling, Forensics, etc.