Early and Advanced Career Submission Guidelines
The Celebrate Teachers and Teaching (CT&T) award event is supported by the Education Deans of Greater Milwaukee (EDGM) to shine a bright spotlight educators who are devoting their professional lives to fostering 21st century learning in the Milwaukee metropolitan area. Award recipients will be recognized at the 2019 Celebrate Teachers and Teaching event at Concordia University on October 17, 2019.
The EDGM has partnered with various foundations (Faye McBeath Foundation, Herzfeld Foundation, Kelben Foundation) to provide $1000 cash awards for the recipients in the Advanced-Career and Early-Career Teacher categories.
Nominees are teachers at all levels. The CT&T event will recognize one early-career educator (three years or less of experience) and one advanced-career educator (four years or more of experience). These individuals will be eligible based on their demonstration of exemplary performance related to supporting 21st century learners.
Criteria for Judging
An independent panel of judges will review nomination packets and select one winner from each category (i.e., early career and advanced career). Nominees are teachers who demonstrate forward thinking, embrace change, and facilitate innovative learning that integrates the use of technologies while supporting 21st century outcomes such as:
- Creativity & Innovation
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Communication & Collaboration
- Information, Media, & Technology Skills
Please submit your nominations via the CT&T website on or before May 3, 2019. Once a nomination has been submitted, the nominee will receive additional instructions on how to complete/send supporting documentation required for award consideration.
Final Submission Guidelines and Requirements for Nominees
Early Career Teacher Award application packets from nominees must be submitted electronically via email to Stacy Gray on or before Friday, June 7, 2019.
Advanced Career Teacher Award application packets from nominees must be submitted electronically via email to Kathleen N. Kannass on or before Friday, June 7, 2019.
Electronic Portfolio Format
- Title the subject line of your email: [Your Name] CT&T 2019
- All supporting documents should be named in the following way:
[Your Name] CT&T 2019 Submission: Recommendation letter
[Your Name] CT&T 2019 Submission: One-paragraph defining 21st century teaching and learning
[Your Name] CT&T 2019 Submission: Video
- A letter of recommendation (e.g. student, colleague, school community member, parent, principal) that highlights your forward thinking and ability to embrace change.
- Write one-paragraph defining what 21st century teaching and learning means to you. The paragraph should be a written submission using Arial 12-point font.
- Present evidence of how you facilitate innovative learning that supports 21st century outcomes using a format of your choosing: Written essay, PowerPoint, video (limit of 5 – 7 minutes), etc. Project samples, teaching clips, mixed media and/or activities that showcase student accomplishments are welcomed.
If you are selected to receive an award, Celebrate Teachers & Teaching reserves the right to reproduce information/photos/other content in promotional materials, on its event website, and for promotional use on social media. By submitting materials that contain images of students and other individuals, you assume complete responsibility for obtaining appropriate release consent forms and permission to transfer these materials to Celebrate Teachers & Teaching.
Download and print a Celebrate Teachers & Teaching release form.