Since 1908, the Opus College of Engineering has been uniquely blending professional engineering preparation with a liberal arts education to provide the world with well-balanced leaders in their profession. The college’s mission is to prepare students for successful careers based on a strong ethical and moral foundation, to advance the state of the art in engineering, to serve the professional and technical communities, and to contribute to our global society.
The Opus Scholars Award recognizes a combination of outstanding academic achievement, as well as significant need, for five incoming engineering freshmen. The award is based on academic merit and demonstrated financial need. For additional program details about this award, review the applicable Award Information Guide, available from the Office of Student Financial Aid.
The full-tuition scholarship, including general student fees and lab fees, is renewable each year of the recipient’s four-year (eight-semester) undergraduate program provided the recipient remains enrolled in the Opus College of Engineering, in good academic standing and completes the FAFSA annually. The housing and meal plan stipend available freshman year is renewable for the sophomore year only, given the same standing and FAFSA requirements.
APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIP
- Full tuition (5 awards available)
- High school senior entering the Opus College of Engineering
- Priority is given to first-generation students (i.e. neither parent graduated from college)
- Preference is be given to students who have participated in organizations that serve low-income youth, such as the Cristo Rey Network and Boys & Girls Clubs
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need as per the Free Application for Federal Student Aid or Net Price Calculator
The Application for Scholarships and Scholars Programs can be found at this link.
Before submitting the application, please review the instructions, found here.
Learn more about the Engineering Scholars Program in the Opus College of Engineering.