The E-Lead (Excellence in Leadership) Program is seeking sophomores from across the university for the cohort set to begin the program in spring 2021. Applications are due on October 19, 2020.
We are looking for:
- Driven students dedicated to being involved and to learning how to apply concepts related to leading oneself, leading with others, and leading innovation.
- Curious solution seekers with a desire to collaborate and creatively address today’s most pressing challenges.
- Passionate leaders committed to serving others and a purpose larger than themselves.
The application will require you to respond to a series of short answer questions and to upload a current resume.
For more information about the E-Lead program and requirements for participation, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page. For questions regarding the E-Lead application, please contact Andrea Gorman, Associate Director of Engineering and Innovation Leadership Development.
Application timeline for spring 2021 cohort:
- Applications now available online
- Virtual Information Sessions: Sophomore students who are considering applying to the E-Lead Program are strongly encouraged to attend a virtual information session to learn more about the program, ask questions, and hear from current E-Lead participants.
Students can register for one of the below information sessions or ask to receive a recording of the information session here.
A link to join the information session vis MS Teams will be shared with students by 11am CT on the day of the session they register for.
- Wednesday, October 7, 2020 from 5:00-6:00pm CST via MS Teams
- Thursday, October 8, 2020 from 12:30-1:30pm CST via MS Teams
- Monday, October 12, 2020 from 12:00-1:00pm CST via MS Teams
- Application deadline: Monday, October 19, 2020 at noon
- Application status update: On Friday, November 6, 2020 students will be notified if they have moved to the next stage of round robin interviews conducted by current E-Lead participants.
- Virtual interview date and time: When notified about an interview (which will be conducted through MS Teams), students will be assigned a specific 45 minute window on the following date.
- Friday, November 13, 2020 between 4:30pm - 7pm CST
- Notification of acceptance: Wednesday, November 25, 2020
- Program overview meeting for incoming cohort (required): Monday, November 30, 2020 from 4:00-5:00pm CST via MS Teams.
- The Institute leadership retreat: Sunday, January 17 through Friday, January 22, 2021. This retreat will likely be conducted virtually due to COVID-19 and campus and health department regulations. Please note that you MUST be able to attend the Institute in its entirety in order to participate in the E-Lead Program. Please check your calendars prior to applying for the program.