Peace Works Toolkit
Marquette University Peace Works is a Social Emotional Learning (SEL) curriculum designed to give students practical skills linked with academic and social success. These strategies allow students to respond to obstacles in peaceful and self-productive ways.
This toolkit provides teachers a practical, adaptable online platform based on evidence-based methods to teach skills and dispositions that cultivate peaceful mindsets and actions while promoting resilience and coping practices.
The toolkit is designed for flexible implementation. One topic per week is recommended.
The Peace Works curriculum includes lessons for specific social emotional skills, grouped in units. Each skill contains the following:
- Introduction – Description of lesson.
- Check in activities – Connecting with students to see how they are doing.
- Fundamental activities – Introducing the topic.
- Applied activities – Real life applications and examples.
- Reflection activities – Discussion centered on comprehension and integration of the lesson to student’s lives.
Access to documents on each of the toolkit pages is restricted to Peace Works partners. If you are interested in becoming a Peace Works partner school or educator, please contact Sherri Walker. If you are already a Peace Works partner school or educator and have questions regarding the toolkit, please contact Sherri Walker.