Join Sorority and Fraternity Life
Interfraternity Council (IFC) Recruitment
Sign up for Fall IFC Recruitment Today!
Formal Fraternity Recruitment Week happens in both the Fall and Spring semester for eligible participants. The exact dates of when recruitment and sign-up open will be announced at the start of each semester. Recruitment is typically held within a month of the start of a semester.
Sign-up using the link on this webpage and follow @Marquetteifc on Instagram for more information!
Please contact Jacob Riesterer if you have questions.
Follow Marquette IFC on social media for updates. Updates will also be posted here as details are announced.
Panhellenic (PHA) Recruitment
Formal Sorority Recruitment happens in January of each year. 2023 formal recruitment will take place on January 25th-January 29th. Sign-ups begin August 29th 2022 and sign-ups close January 16th 2023
Information related to the 2023 recruitment process can be found here.
Please contact Sabrina Edwards if you have questions.
Follow @MarquettePanhellenic on Instagram for updates.
National Pan-Hellenic (NPHC)/Multicultural Greek Council Intake
NPHC and MGC groups run their own internal structure for intake. There is no centralized process for how and when this process takes place. The best way to get involved with one of our Culturally-Based Fraternities/Sororities would be to contact that chapter directly. Contact info can be found here.
Top Reasons to Get Involved with Sorority and Fraternity Life at Marquette
- Greeks get higher average grades: Marquette’s All-Greek GPA (3.16) is higher than the all-university average (3.06).
- Greeks help the community: Marquette Sorority and Fraternity Life contributed almost 6,000 hours of volunteer service to the community during the 2014 spring semester alone.
- Greeks give back: Through fundraisers and other philanthropies, Marquette sororities and fraternities donated $95,711 toward various charities this past year.
- Greeks are leaders: 73 percent of Sorority and Fraternity Life members at Marquette reported involvement in other campus organizations, and 23 percent serve in campus leadership roles. Nationally, 85 percent of Fortune 500 executives are Greek-affiliated.
Check out all of our chapters on campus here!
Marquette is a deferred recruitment campus. This means that students are not eligible their first semester on campus. In order to be eligible, students need:
- 12 credit hours from an institution of higher learning.
- A minimum of 2.5 cumulatively on a 4.0 GPA scale.
- In good standing with our student conduct office. This means students may not be on probation or have any pending conduct decisions that could lead to probation.