Office of University Relations
The Office of University Relations (OUR) is a team dedicated to elevating the Marquette brand to transform lives — those of our students, our faculty and staff, our alumni and those within our global community. We serve Marquette University as strategic partners, connectors and storytellers. Together, we support the university in its vision to be recognized among the most innovative and accomplished Catholic and Jesuit universities in the world.
As strategic partners, we actively seek thoughtful and purposeful relationships with corporate, government and community stakeholders to:
- Identify and engage in mission-aligned and bidirectional partnerships.
- Identify areas of excellence for partnerships.
- Build and cultivate champions.
- Strive to be the easiest university to partner with.
- Provide value to strategic partners.
- Identify revenue-generating partnership models.
- Serve Marquette’s mission by being present in our community.
- Act as creative problem solvers.
As connectors, we bring together internal and external partners in innovative and mutually beneficial collaborations to:
- Establish University Relations as subject matter experts for the campus community.
- Connect campus resources with strategic partnerships.
- Convene campus multidisciplinary collaboration.
- Support and deliver on commitments and provide value to campus community.
- Identify opportunities and risks.
- Advocate for internal stakeholders.
As storytellers, we find, share and narrate the stories that differentiate Marquette and its vision in an effort to:
- Build Marquette brand awareness and affinity.
- Tell diverse, mission-centric, positive stories.
- Proactively manage issues impacting Marquette.
- Market Marquette to prospective students and influencers.
- Focus on areas of excellence to differentiate.