Community Engagement Symposium
Nomination Guidelines and Criteria
Nominations are being accepted for the Marquette University Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion Community Organization Award. At Marquette University diversity is an affirmation of our faith-inspired commitment to an inclusive community where human differences thrive in a learning environment characterized by mutual respect and the pursuit of social justice. Our Guiding Values call us to “nurture an inclusive, diverse community that fosters new opportunities, partnerships, collaboration and vigorous yet respectful debate.” Each year the Office of the Provost, supported by the Office of the President, recognizes exemplary leadership by a single community organization, which manifests the ideals of community engagement; and, supports, promotes, and cultivates collaborative, mutually beneficial, bi-directional relationships, making tangible differences within the Milwaukee community.
Nominations for organizations from the greater Milwaukee area are now being taken. Members of the Marquette community are encouraged to nominate one or more candidates.
Organizational candidates should be nominated based on meritorious work which manifests the ideals of community engagement by supporting, promoting, and cultivating collaborative, mutually beneficial, bi-directional relationships; and, makes tangible differences within the area of diversity and inclusion in the Milwaukee community.
The Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion Community Organization Award will be presented each year at the Community Engagement Symposium in November, and the recipient will receive $5000 to continue their critical efforts within our community.
- Organizational candidates must demonstrate impact in the area of diversity and inclusion within the greater Milwaukee community through collaborative, mutually beneficial and bi-directional relationships.
- Self-nominations will not be considered.
Nomination letters should focus on the first three criteria and may be supplemented by additional supporting documentation.
- Utilizes collaborative and innovative approaches to address issues that disproportionally and negatively impact the greater Milwaukee’s under-represented communities.
- Promotes justice and equity in service to others while building a diverse and inclusive community.
- Provides community based education and/or research to cultivate deeper understandings of issues related to diversity and inclusive.
The deadline for nominations is September 10. Nominate only one candidate on each form you submit, either by email to: Daniel Bergen, Executive Director of Community Engagement at email@example.com