News and Events
Employee Wellness Center Reopened Feb. 1
Human Resources' My Wellness Program, in partnership with Rec Sports, is pleased to announce the reopening of the Employee Wellness Center in Coughlin Hall on February 1, 2024. The Employee Wellness Center is a free, dedicated wellness space exclusive to Marquette faculty and staff. The facility will be open Monday – Friday, 6 am – 7 pm.
Faculty and staff will need to register for the Employee Wellness Center membership through the Rec Sports Member Portal. MUID card access will be granted once sign up is completed and the waiver is signed. See How to Register on the Employee Wellness Center site for more details on registration and the amenities at the center.
Drop 5 My Wellness Challenge | Jan. 29 - Mar. 10
A new year often comes with a renewed focus on health and wellbeing. The Drop 5 Challenge provides participants with the means to achieve a healthier body weight while encouraging positive lifestyle changes. Participants will log their starting weight at the beginning of the challenge and track their weekly weight loss progress. The challenge is anonymous – the weight logging is only for your benefit and is not publicly displayed anywhere. Registration opens Monday, January 22 and the challenge runs Monday, January 29 through Sunday, March 10. Record your weight each week of the challenge to earn 25 My Wellness points.
How do I enroll in the challenge?
Register starting on Monday, January 22. Go to the My Wellness Portal and enter your personal username and password. Once you land on the ‘Challenges’ page, click on 'Get Started' and then 'Continue'. You are now enrolled in the challenge! First time users see the How Do I Enroll? FAQ on the My Wellness Program website.
How do I log my activity?
Log in to My Wellness Portal, click on the ‘Challenges’ tile, enter your weight and click ‘Save.’
How am I eligible for My Rewards points and chances for giveaway prizes?
Record your weight each week of the challenge to earn 25 My Wellness points. Participants who log their weight in a week will also be entered into the weekly prize giveaway (the week ends each Sunday at 7 pm). The challenge will be held Monday, January 29, through Sunday, March 10. Registration opens Monday, January 22; log your weight each week by March 10 to receive your My Wellness points.
Interested in working with a health coach?
Challenge participants are encouraged to work with a personal health coach to help achieve your weight and lifestyle goals. You can connect with a free health coach by calling 800-882-2109 or visiting the ‘Coaching’ tab on your My Wellness Portal.
Go Move Challenge | Feb. 1 - Feb. 29
The twelfth annual Go Move Challenge, a competition to determine the most active school in the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities (AJCU), kicks off on February 1 and runs for the entire month. Every minute of movement counts as faculty and staff compete to see who can get the most movement during those 29 days.
There are three ways to win: the university with the most minutes tracked, the university with the highest average number of minutes per participant, and the region with the most minutes. The winning universities will be announced on GoMoveChallenge.org and throughout the Go Move Challenge social media sites.
To join the challenge:
- Register at GoMoveChallenge.org, even if you participated last year
- Click the “LOG IN/REGISTER” button on the top menu bar
- In the “REGISTER” box, enter your university email address and other required information
- In the “Division/College” box, click on Marquette from the drop down
- Click the “SUBMIT” button when finished
- You will receive a confirmation email with your user email and password
All movement can be counted! See the graphic below for help defining your movement.
To log minutes:
- Visit GoMoveChallenge.org
- Click the “LOG IN/REGISTER” button on the top menu bar
- In the “LOG IN” box, enter your email address and password
- In the “LOG MY WORKOUT” box, select the intensity of your workout and description and enter the number of minutes, and select a single date or date range for logging multiple days
- Click the “LOG IT” button when finished
- Users can delete minutes that were entered in error
- Minutes must be logged by the end of the challenge (February 29)
Frequently asked questions are available online.
Although the Go Move Challenge is separate from the My Wellness program challenges, the steps or movement completed during the challenge can be recorded for My Wellness points too. Steps can be automatically synced to the portal via your fitness device or manually uploaded to earn points. Daily movement can be manually tracked in the portal as well. Participating in the Go Move Challenge can also be tracked as an My Wellness Your Way Experience for 10 points in the My Wellness Portal. For information about My Wellness registration and opportunities for earning points, visit the My Wellness Program site.
Rec Sports: Free Access to the Rec Plex | Feb. 4 - 9 and Fridays in Feb.
Recreational Sports is offering free access to the Rec Plex for non-members from February 4-9 and for Fridays in February (February 2, 16, and 23). No registration is required. Activities available include walking and running, swimming and use of equipment.
Did you know Marquette University offers a wellness program for employees and their spouses? You can access resources to help you manage your health, track your activity and more. The program also includes confidential and professional counseling resources at no cost to you.
What's new for 2023-2024?
- To emphasize the importance of seeing your Primary Care Provider (PCP), participants can earn 200 points for visiting their PCP this year.
- The new wellness year will be Oct. 1, 2023 through Aug. 15, 2024.
How to get started
- Go to Marquette.mywellportal.com.
- New users will select ‘Register for a new account’.
- Enter the code ‘marquette’.
- Create an account (create username and password of your choice).
- On the following page employees will enter their MU ID • Spouses will enter the employee’s MU ID + S + DOB (DOB = spouse's DOB in format dd/mm/yyyy).
- Select the ‘My Wellness’ tile on the homepage to enroll in the 2023-2024 program.
If you've enrolled in the past, you can start earning rewards for the 2023-2024 My Wellness year:
- Login to Marquette.mywellportal.com.
- Go to the Rewards page. Collect 25 points for starting your 2023-2024 Wellness Year.
- Continue logging your activity throughout the My Wellness Year to earn more points toward quarterly raffles and FSA/HSA credits for 2025.
After registering on the My Wellness Portal, begin using the resources on the site and start tracking your activity. The reward structure is simple; you’ll start earning rewards just by registering. Learn more on the My Wellness Program Information site.