NEWS AND EVENTS
Healthy Heart Challenge | February 6 - March 5
February is heart health month! There are many ways to improve heart health - from eating a nutritious diet, exercising, practicing stress management techniques, and more! Join the Healthy Heart challenge in the My Wellness Portal to learn tips to improve your heart health.
The goal of the challenge is to complete three activities each week throughout the four-week challenge. Participants who meet the goal throughout the challenge will be awarded 25 points for My Wellness. Participants who log three activities in a week will also be entered into the weekly prize giveaway for Marquette swag! The week ends each Sunday at 7 pm.
Register between Monday, January 30 and Sunday, February 5!
Go to My Wellness Portal and enter your personal username and password. Once you land on the ‘Challenges’ page, you are now enrolled in the challenge! First-time users see registration directions below under Enroll Today!
To log activity:
Log in to My Wellness Portal, click on the ‘Challenges’ tile and record the activity you completed and click ‘Save.’ While it is recommended that participants log activities each day, you have until the end of the challenge on March 5 to record your activities.
Minutes of movement earned during the Go Move Challenge can also be counted toward My Wellness.
Go Move Challenge | February 1 - 28
Help Marquette compete against other AJCU schools to be named the most active university!
Join Marquette in the eleventh annual Go Move Challenge by recording minutes of physical activity to determine which Jesuit institution is the most active! Employees can register any time and record minutes completed between February 1 and February 28.
There are three ways to win: the university with the most minutes tracked, the university with the highest average number of minutes per participant, and the region with the most minutes. The winning universities will be announced on GoMoveChallenge.org and throughout the Go Move Challenge social media sites.
Watch the Go Move Challenge video here.
To join the Go Move Challenge:
- Register at GoMoveChallenge.org, even if you participated last year
- Click the “LOG IN/REGISTER” button on the top menu bar
- In the “REGISTER” box, enter your university email address and other required information
- In the “Division/College” box, click on Marquette from the drop down
- Click the “SUBMIT” button when finished
- You will receive a confirmation email with your user email and password
To log minutes of movement:
- Starting February 1, visit GoMoveChallenge.org
- Click the “LOG IN / REGISTER” button on the top menu bar
- In the “LOG IN” box, enter your email address and password
- In the “LOG MY WORKOUT” box, select the type of activity, add an activity description, enter the number of minutes, and select a single date or date range for logging multiple days
- Click the “LOG IT” button when finished
Minutes will not be accepted after the challenge ends on February 28. Users can delete minutes that were entered in error.
View the Go Move Challenge FAQs for more information. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with other questions.
Employees can also count activity completed during the Go Move Challenge for points toward My Wellness. Steps earned can be synced or manually added, and daily movement can be manually tracked. Participation in the Go Move Challenge can also be tracked in the My Wellness Portal as an External Wellness Experience for 10 points.
Did you know Marquette University offers a wellness program for employees and their spouses? You can access resources to help you manage your health, track your activity and more. The program also includes confidential and professional counseling resources at no cost to you.
After registering on the My Wellness Portal, begin using the resources on the site and start tracking your activity. The reward structure is simple; you’ll start earning rewards just by registering. To begin the registration process, click on My Wellness below:
- New users will select ‘Register for a new account’
- Enter the code ‘marquette’
- Create an account (create username and password of your choice)
- On the following page employees will enter their MU ID • Spouses will enter the employee’s MU ID + S + DOB (DOB = spouse's DOB in format dd/mm/yyyy)
- Select the ‘My Wellness’ tile on the homepage to enroll in the 2022-2023 program.
Once you are registered, you can login at any time to begin learning about all the ways to manage your health and track your activity. Download the Challenge Runner App from the Apple iOS store or Google Play to log your activity. You can also sync your tracker by following the instructions in the Fitness Device FAQs.
Start earning Rewards for the 2022-2023 My Wellness Year (Oct. 1, 2022 - Sept. 30, 2023):
- Login to the My Wellness Portal.
- Go to the Rewards page. Collect 25 points for starting your 2022-2023 Wellness Year.
- Continue logging your activity throughout the My Wellness Year to earn more points toward quarterly raffles and FSA/HSA credits for 2024.
More about the My Wellness Program
In addition to health coaching, a wide array of resources are available to you on the wellness portal. Through this site, you will have access to health improvement modules, on-demand wellness videos, personal health assessments, Wellbeing Place blog, wellness challenges, and monthly newsletters and webinars.
There are a number of ways to earn points toward rewards. Just a few are listed below; the full listing is included in the My Wellness Activity Guide.
- Get an Annual Primary Care Visit
- Complete a Health Risk Assessment
- Work with a Health Coach
- Take part in the Daily Walking Challenge
- Join in Spiritual Wellness events
- Participate in a Marquee Health Webinar or Video
My Wellness Resources
Rewards for participating in Marquette University’s wellness program are available to all employees. If you think you might be unable to meet a standard for earning points under this wellness program, you may qualify for an opportunity to earn the same reward by different means, or to have the requirement waived with a provider’s signature. Complete the waiver form below.
Marquette University Wellness Program Alternative Standard Waiver
Questions? Contact Marquee Health at email@example.com or 800-882-2109.