About Marquette Employee Wellness
Employee Wellness at Marquette
Marquette University provides programs and services for faculty and staff on campus. Many programs and services are open to spouses of employees as well. Marquette Wellness seeks to provide opportunities to improve all areas of your wellbeing, supporting mind, body, and spirit, so you can be and feel your best.
When we feel good, we can lead happier, more productive lives, and we can support our students and live our mission each day.
The mission of the Marquette University Wellness Program is to develop and foster a wellness culture by creating an environment that not only supports and sustains healthy lifestyle choices, but also inspires and empowers individuals to take responsibility for their own health.
To create an employment environment that integrates a healthy lifestyle with the lifelong pursuit of excellence, faith, leadership and service to others.
- Inclusion - Strive to include the needs of a diverse campus community by recognizing individual differences and working to create an environment that supports a healthy and balanced lifestyle that nurtures the mind, body, and spirit.
- Empowerment - Act as a resource for employees, providing them with the tools and skills needed to empower them to take charge of their own health, while offering support and encouragement when needed.
- Compassion - To serve others with care, being sensitive to the health challenges each person faces as well as their unique experiences.
- Commitment - Strive to make institutional changes that support the overall health and wellbeing of ourselves, others and the greater good.
- Place health and well-being at the forefront of everything we do to help people be the best version of themselves.
- Focus program messaging on making a difference in one's life, and intrinsic reasons for choosing healthy behaviors such as: 1) to feel good, 2) to have more energy, 3) to be happier, 4) to have fun, and 5) to be better able to cope with life's ups and downs.
- Build community both in and outside of Marquette.
- Focus on wellbeing initiatives that foster autonomy and opportunities for personal growth, connect people to others, and help people to live purposely.
Marquette Wellness is supported by a wellness ambassador network on campus. This group is composed of wellness professionals and advocates who work in departments/units and to whom you can contact regarding questions, ideas, etc. A full list of members is provided below: