Ready to Inspire Success and Excellence
Stay tuned for info on RISE 2023.
Ready to Inspire Success and Excellence (RISE) is a multicultural pre-orientation that typically occurs three days prior to move-in. RISE offers students:
- A first opportunity establish connections and networks with faculty, staff, and peers.
- Sessions to ask questions and learn more about how to survive and thrive during freshman year.
- An atmosphere that promotes positive attitudes and stimulates a vibrant learning environment.
- An exclusive cultural and historical tour through Milwaukee’s neighborhoods.
- Supportive relationships and constructive feedback to help students make well-informed decisions.
RISE is hosted by the Office of Inclusion and Belonging with tremendous support from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, and the Division of Student Affairs.
If you have any questions, please contact Tamra Keith, in the Center for Engagement and Inclusion.
Awards and Honors
In 2020, RISE received the President’s Difference Makers Award. The Difference Makers recognition is awarded to faculty, staff and students who have gone above and beyond the call of duty to positively impact an individual, group or community organization.
In 2019, RISE received the JASPA Outstanding Commitment to Diversity and Social Justice Award which is given to annually to a program or initiative that is aimed at or an individual or a group of persons who demonstrates a strong commitment to issues of diversity and social justice in Jesuit higher education. RISE was recognized for this award for doing the “magis” (“the more”) with the understanding that it is our institution’s duty to help RISE students succeed. They are an example of our profound commitment to quality education and to forming young minds for the greater good. We acknowledge that we RISE together when we take this small step in impacting a much larger community for years to come.