- Athletic Training
- Exercise Science
- Exercise and Rehabilitation Science Graduate Program (Formerly CTRH)
- Neurological Residency
- Sports and Exercise Data Analytics Graduate Program
- Continuing Education
- CURRENT STUDENTS
- Clinical Educators & Facilities
- Exercise and Rehabilitation Science Information
- National and International PT Awards
- Student Background Checks
- Student Success Stories
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- Clinical Kinesiology Applied to Persons with Quadriplegia - Dr. Don Neumann - videos now available streaming
- Doctor of Physical Therapy Quick Facts
- Health Careers Opportunity Program (HCOP)
- Human Performance Assessment Core (HPAC)
- Marquette Physical Therapy Clinic
- Youth Empowered to Succeed Program (YES)
Marie Sekeres Papanek Scholarship Fund
Dr. Paula Papanek's mother, Marie Sekeres Papanek, passed away January 30th, 2007. Marie's heart and soul were filled with love. She was dedicated to learning and she loved the physical therapy profession, often being the cheerleader for other patients in the clinic to succeed. Many of you may have met Marie when she was on campus allowing our then MPT and then DPT student's hands on learning. In her mother's memory, Paula has started an award to encourage students to pursue a geriatric physical therapy practice and to have the same positive impact on patients that her mom received.
The recipient of the Marie Sekeres Papanek award will be a graduate student in the College of Health Sciences Physical Therapy Department. The recipient will be a graduating student who has completed the Geriatric Advanced Coursework and an Internship in Geriatrics during the DPT6 spring semester at Marquette University. The award recipient will demonstrate clinical excellence in their Geriatric Internship. The Office of the Chair of the Physical Therapy Program will be responsible for the selection of the scholarship recipient with the award being presented each year at graduation.
To make a contribution to the Marie Sekeres Papanek fund, contact Kathleen Ludington at (414) 288-1410 or email@example.com.