John Kratzer - General Manager (Rec Plex)
- General Supervision and Management of the Rec Plex Facility.
- Inspect the facility and equipment daily for upkeep and needed repairs.
- Observe daily the building’s activity, such as volume, patterns and choice of equipment by the participants.
- Observe daily the work habits and procedures of the part-time and full time employees.
- Supervise the Assistant Director for Personnel Services and Wellness, the Operations Service Supervisor, and the Rec Plex Office Coordinator.
- Direct, plan, schedule, program, publicize and supervise the Aquatics program for the Rec Plex pool.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate the Aquatic staff.
- Work closely with the Assistant Director at the Rec Center coordinating all aquatic activities on campus.
- Work closely with the Office Coordinator to coordinate all membership information.
- Coordinate all Facility Rentals with groups on and off campus and maintain a master calendar of all activities scheduled in the Rec Plex.
- Assist the Recreational Sports Associate Director in the preparation of the Rec Plex’s annual operating budgets.
- Oversee the Rec Plex budgets.
- Miami University, Oxford, OH Master of Arts, August 1982 Degree: Recreation Education
- College of Wooster, Wooster, OH Bachelor of Arts, June 1981 Major: Physical Education, Grades 7-12 Minor: History
- NIRSA – National Intramural Recreational Sports Association
- American Red Cross:CPR/AED & First Aid
- NIRSA:Recreational Sport Specialist
- John has worked at Marquette for 36 years. In 1982 John became the Co-Director of Intramurals at Helfaer Rec Center.
- In 1993 John moved to the Rec Plex to be the General Manager when Marquette purchased the YMCA for a second Rec Facility on campus, he has held the position ever since.
- John is married to Pamela who works for Northwestern Mutual and they have two sons, Bryce and Blake. Bryce graduated from MU in December 2016 with a Math degree and is currently working for TCF Bank in Minneapolis. Blake is a Sophomore at MU and works for Recreational Sports.
- John is originally from Ohio and is a big Buckeye fan but enjoys watching the Packers and Brewers.
- John loves the outdoors and spends time hunting, fishing, coaching, playing sports and gardening. Also has a hobby of working with wood projects such as Board Bag games, planters, etc.