Marquette Volunteer Corps Sites
Choose an issue area you care about:
Youth and Education
Boys & Girls Club: Mondays & Fridays 3:15 – 5:45 p.m.
- Boys & Girls Club is the largest youth-serving agency in the Milwaukee area. Volunteers will assist youth at Cass Street Boys & Girls Club with afterschool homework help as well as serve as mentors to the youth. There will be opportunities to engage the youth in other activities as well.
Neighborhood House: Tuesdays 3:15 – 5:15 p.m. & Wednesdays 3:15 – 5:15 p.m.
- With a mission to build a strong community by strengthening individuals, families and the neighborhood, NH serves over 4,000 people annually and provides accredited preschools, programs for kids, teens and families. Volunteers will work with an afterschool program for youth ages 7–12 at the Albert Story School Community Learning Center.
SEA Literacy: Tuesdays 5:50 – 8:10 p.m. and Saturdays 9:50 a.m. - 12:10 p.m.
- SEA Literacy works directly with refugees from Southeast Asia who reside in Milwaukee, Wis. Committed to educational and social enhancement, SEA Literacy empowers refugees to navigate American society, access resources and become community leaders. Volunteers will assist the youth with homework and English language tutoring.
Our Next Generation Mondays & Wednesdays 4:00 - 6:30pm
Our Next Generation supports an afterschool program on Milwaukee’s north side. Many of the students who attend the program are from Somalia, and are working to succeed with their education in Milwaukee. As a volunteer you will get the opportunity to build relationships with a student one on one each week helping them with their academics and social lessons.
Early Childhood Literacy
Next Door - Read With Me: Wednesdays 8:40 – 11:10 a.m.
- An education and social service center, working with Milwaukee children and families to help build the educational and life skills they need to succeed. Volunteers read one on one or in small groups with 2–5-year-old children in Next Door programs.
Youth with Disabilities
Penfield Children’s Center: Thursdays & Fridays 2:50 – 5:10pm
- HomelessnessPenfield Children’s Center is a nonprofit organization whose sole purpose is to help infants and young children with and without disabilities to reach their full potential through education, therapy services and family programs. Volunteers will be paired up with a teacher in the classroom and assist with class activities.