The 414 Fellows is an AmeriCorps program offered through Marquette University in partnership with Next Door.
Through service, Fellows will make a meaningful difference in the lives of youth in Milwaukee. As part of their mission-driven Marquette education, Fellows will develop as student leaders and advocates with diverse ideas and opinions to raise awareness about community issues.
414 Fellows serve at Next Door in Early Childhood classrooms. Next Door is a local nonprofit that supports the intellectual, physical and emotional development of children, by partnering with their families for success in school and the community.
Fellows serve 300 hours of service over the academic year; averaging 10-12 hours per week, working specifically with children ages 0-3 years. As part of the program, Fellows are required to attend mandatory reflections and trainings throughout the year.
You can review the full position description here.
APPLY NOW to be a part of our 2023-2024 cohort of 414 Fellows.
Spots are filling fast. Apply today!
Why Become a 414 Fellow?
- Build community and find support with your cohort of Fellows
- Learn about and take steps to address issues in Milwaukee including educational inequality, poverty, and segregation
- Become more informed about the importance of brain development in infants
- Reflect and engage in dialogue, collaboration, conflict etc. through retreat, biweekly reflections, and personal development
- Paid position with leadership opportunities and professional development
- Fellows receive Segal AmeriCorps Education award of $1250 upon completion of service
- Become a part of a movement to promote social justice and equity
Applicants must be Federal Work Study (FWS) eligible for the 2023-2024 school year. To find out if you are eligible for FWS and the amount awarded, log into checkmarq and follow these steps:
- Login to Checkmark and go to "Quick Links"
- Click Financial Aid
- Click Accept/Decline My Financial Aid
- Click applicable aid year (2023)
- Find Federal Work Study and click “Accept” box
- Click Submit
If you have any questions regarding Federal Work Study eligibility, contact the Office of Financial Aid at 414-288-4000.
414 Fellows are required to complete a total of 300 hours of service between Fall and Spring semester (September – May). This averages to 10 - 12 paid hours per week.
This program REQUIRES FULL PARTICIPATION in all scheduled reflections, trainings, and retreats.
Questions? Please contact Sessie Agbley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-288-2122.
Frequently Asked Questions