The 414 Fellows is an AmeriCorps program offered through Marquette University in partnership with Next Door.
Through service, Fellows will make a meaningful difference in the lives of youth in Milwaukee. As part of their mission-driven Marquette education, Fellows will develop as student leaders and advocates with diverse ideas and opinions to raise awareness about community issues.
Through both our academic and co-curricular programs, Marquette strives to develop men and women who will dedicate their lives to the service of others, actively entering into the struggle for a more just society. We expect all members of the Marquette community, whatever their faith traditions, to give concrete expression to their beliefs by giving of themselves in service to those in need.
Starting Fall 2019, the 414 Fellows will serve at Next Door in early childhood classrooms. Next Door is a local nonprofit that supports the intellectual, physical and emotional development of children, by partnering with their families for success in school and the community.
We are recruiting 30 Marquette students as our 2019-2020 cohort of 414 Fellows. Spots are filling fast!
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Apply HERE
Why Become a 414 Fellow?
- Build community and find support with your cohort of Fellows
- Learn about and take steps to address issues in Milwaukee including educational inequality, poverty, and segregation
- Become more informed about the importance of brain development in infants
- Reflect and engage in dialogue through retreat and biweekly reflections, and personal development
- Paid position with leadership opportunities and professional development
- Fellows receive Segal AmeriCorps Education award of $1250 upon completion of service
- Become a part of a movement to promote social justice and equity
Applicants must be Federal Work Study (FWS) eligible for the 2019 - 2020 school year. To find out if you are eligible for FWS and the amount awarded, log into checkmarq and follow these steps:
- Login to Checkmark and go to "Quick Links"
- Click Financial Aid
- Click Accept/Decline My Financial Aid
- Click applicable aid year (2018)
- Find Federal Work Study and click “Accept” box
- Click Submit
If you have any questions regarding Federal Work Study eligibility, contact the Office of Financial Aid at 414-288-4000.
414 Fellows are required to complete a total of 300 hours of service between Fall and Spring semester (September – May). This averages to 10 paid hours per week. This program REQUIRES FULL PARTICIPATION including showing up for all scheduled reflections, trainings, and retreats. Therefore, it is important to plan accordingly, as lack of participation may lead to removal from program.
Questions? Please contact Sessie Agbley at email@example.com or 414-288-2122.
Frequently Asked Questions