- The Arrupe Center Home
- Meet the Arrupe Center Staff
- Nourishing Our Students
- Marquette Volunteer Corps
- For Community Partners
PROBLEM WITH THIS WEBPAGE?
To report another problem, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marquette Volunteer Corps (MVC) is a semester-long service opportunity for Marquette students to volunteer in a meaningful way, build relationships with community members as well as their peers, engage in impactful reflections, and learn more about social justice.
MVC is an avenue for students to gain indispensable transferable skills which will be useful regardless of career trajectories. Many of our past students have testified how about the impact MVC had on them as it enabled them to improve themselves and become agents of social justice.
MVC works in collaboration with some non-profits within the Milwaukee Community by providing services to them. MVC student volunteers will join a team of 5-7 members that volunteer together every week for a semester. MVC teams are situated around the following issues: health, literacy, education, and food insecurity. You'll spend the semester serving with your team and learning more about the issue, Milwaukee, and yourself. TRANSPORTATION IS PROVIDED!
Choose an issue area you care about. See our sites.
Click the "Join" button to apply.
Team Leaders perform an important role of leading reflections, recruiting volunteers, and being an ambassador for positive social change in our community. Click here to view the job description and apply.
AS A MARQUETTE STUDENT, WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN MVC?
- YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE: As a Marquette student you are called to make a difference and set the world on fire! Marquette volunteer Corps is an avenue to achieve that goal. By participating in Marquette Volunteer Corps program, YOU ARE MAKING A GREAT DIFFERENCE!
- BUILD COMMUNITY AND EXPAND YOUR NETWORK: By participating in the Marquette Volunteer Corps program, you will be able to meet other link-minded peers and build connections.
- BOOST RESUME AND IMPROVE YOUR JOB PROSPECTS: When you volunteer with Marquette Volunteer Corps, it speaks volumes for you and demonstrates you value your community and that you can sacrifice your time in helping others. This element will boost your resume and improve your job prospects.
- DEVELOPMENT OF SKILLS: Are you a college student who is eager to build and develop skills outside your major? By participating in Marquette Volunteer Corps, you will gain immeasurable skills (transferable skills), which will be useful regardless of your career path.
- ENGAGE IN IMPACTFUL REFLECTIONS: As a Marquette Student in the Marquette Volunteer Corps program, you will have the opportunity to participate in reflections, where you learn about yourself, your society, and learn from other peers.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions you may have.
Volunteers are expected to commit to volunteering every week for an entire semester, so plan ahead for your other responsibilities. We understand that schedules get busy, so one absence per semester can be discussed with your Team Leader. We also have monthly reflection which volunteers are expected to attend in order to build relationships wih other MVC volunteers and reflect on the service experience and how we can creat more equitable and inclusive community.
*As part of the application process you may be asked to complete a background check. For any questions on this check or this process, please contact us.