Reporting Options

Marquette University strongly encourages any student or employee who believes he or she has been harassed or subjected to sexual misconduct to seek prompt assistance from the university and/or police.

If you would like to report sexual harassment, non-consensual sexual contact or intercourse, relationship/intimate partner violence or stalking, you have options.

Victims' Rights

Please understand a victim is entitled to resources and other support from the university regardless of whether the victim wishes to file formal complaint with the police or Title IX Office. Barring unusual circumstances, a victim will remain in control of all decisions that are made about his or her healing and courses of action.

You may report to the police by filing a criminal complaint with the Marquette University Police Department, the Milwaukee Police Department, or other law enforcement agency in the location where the incident occurred.

You may report to the Title IX Coordinator, any deputy Title IX coordinator, or a trusted university faculty or staff member. Please note these individuals are not confidential resources; however, the information you provide will be kept private and only shared with a very limited circle of people at the university. Students and employees who wish to keep the information confidential should contact the university's confidential resources.

You may speak with on-campus confidential resources such as Advocacy Services staff, Marquette University Counseling Center staff, Marquette University Medical Clinic staff, and Jesuits in their pastoral role. There are confidential resources available off campus as well.

You may complete the reporting form:

You may contact the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights at 500 W. Madison St., Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661-4544, (312) 730-1560.