Alcohol overdose has replaced the term “Alcohol Poisoning” because the reality is that one has overdosed on alcohol. Alcohol is a drug and like any other drug, taking too much is considered an overdose. When this happens, medical attention is necessary.
Should any of the following symptoms be displayed by a friend or acquaintance, call for help:
- Person is passed out or semi-conscious and cannot be awakened
- Person vomits while sleeping or passed out and does not wake up
- Rate of breathing seems slow or irregular
- Person has cold, clammy, pale or bluish color skin
These are all symptom of alcohol overdose and the person’s life could be in danger. You should always seek medical/professional help as soon as possible:
- Call Marquette at (414) 288-1911
- Provide accurate information such as location, condition of the student, names, etc.
- Stay with the person/friend until help arrives
- Gather, if possible, information about the amount of alcohol consumed by the victim to share with the emergency services personnel