How to Do Business with Marquette University
New Supplier Inquiries
Thank you for your interest in Marquette University. In order to better review and document interested supplier inquiries, we request you complete the supplier registration process through the supplier portal. You will receive acknowledgement of receipt and we will follow up if there is a more immediate need for additional information. If we don’t have a project relating to your good or service, we will archive your information after review. Thank you for helping us serve our campus and supplier community more effectively.
New Suppliers: Register via Portal
Purchasing Process Overview
The university values existing and potential business relationships and as such, takes great care when inviting a potential supplier to bid or be added to our approved supplier list. The following steps represent the primary method by which the university evaluates companies as potential suppliers and provides direction for future interaction with the university.
- All inquiries should be directed to the Purchasing Department who will facilitate introductions, when appropriate.
- If there is interest in further evaluation of your services, we will exchange information and determine if there is a business need.
- Upon award of a project or general use, the supplier, by invitation of the purchasing department, fills out the Supplier Information Update form, W-9 Tax information form, ACH payment form (optional) and reviews and signs the appropriate terms and conditions form. See Supplier Resources and Forms.
- A pricing agreement, contract, purchase order or other business arrangement will be completed.
Supplier Evaluation Strategy
The university is always interested in maximizing the value we receive from our supplier partners. The normal course of business includes measuring potential suppliers in a consistent manner across a number of different criteria, including:
- Quality of service or product
- Availability and matching our delivery requirements
- Strategic partnership and support, including student intern opportunities, athletic sponsorship, scholarship funding and other affinity building activities.
- Sustainability criteria that promote social and environmental responsibility
- Value/Cost of the product or service
- Electronic Accessibility to our students and staff
- Customer service, reporting and business management
- Supplier Diversity and workforce inclusion
- Supplier conduct including management of sub-contractor relationships, organizational safety and health programs, and providing a living wage and benefit package to employees
- Net 45 Payment Terms
- Frequently Asked Questions
- W-9 Tax Information Form
Marquette Terms and Conditions
Marquette’s Construction Terms and Conditions will apply to any purchase order, as well as any combination of purchase orders issued to a single contractor for one project, that have an original contract amount of $25,000 or more and that include work, labor, or services that improve the value of the real property of Marquette University. Materials ordered by and delivered to Marquette, without any accompanying installation services by the contractor, will not be subject to the Construction Terms and Conditions.
Marquette’s Services Terms and Conditions will apply to any purchase order, as well as any combination of purchase orders issued to a supplier who is providing services to Marquette University, such as speakers (bands), general consulting (companies, not individuals), hotels, meeting services, equipment rental, creative and design services and general personal services.
Mailing Address and Contact Information
Marquette University - Straz Tower
915 W. Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 215
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Phone: (414) 288-7453
Marquette University - Straz Tower
P.O. Box 1881
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1881