COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments
COVID-19 Vaccination Recommendations
Primary Series - Everyone 6 months and older is eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine. The Primary Series includes one to three doses of Novavax, Moderna, Pfizer or Johnson & Johnson.
Booster Doses - Everyone 5 years and older is eligible for a booster dose.
- New updated mRNA boosters for 12 years and older:
- Bivalent Pfizer Booster dose is available for 12 years and older at least 2 months after completion of a monovalent primary series or booster.
- Bivalent Moderna Booster dose is available for 18 years and older at least 2 months after completion of a monovalent primary series or booster.
- Original monovalent Pfizer continues to be available for anyone 5-11 years old at least 5 months after their last primary series dose.
The CDC has updated booster recommendations. Individuals are considered up to date immediately after getting all recommended boosters. Read more on the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/stay-up-to-date.html
Additional resources for obtaining COVID-19 vaccine and boosters:
Healthy MKE COVID-19 Vaccines
CDC Vaccine Finder
Please remember to bring your COVID-19 vaccine card if receiving a second or booster dose. Following the clinic, please upload your vaccine information on the MU Patient Portal by following these steps:
- Log into the MU Patient Portal.
- Click on the “Immunizations” tab.
- Scroll down to the “Required” section to find the COVID-19 vaccine. Enter the date of your vaccination under the appropriate brand of vaccine. Note: If you have received a WHO approved booster vaccine do not enter a date. Only upload documentation.
- Then click on the “Upload” tab in the menu. Scroll down to select the type of document to upload (COVID-19 Vaccine Record), and then click “Select File” to upload a copy of your updated vaccine card.