The Marquette University Medical Clinic offers the following services provided by our staff of physicians/M.D.s, physician assistants, registered nurses, medical assistants and dietitians. Our services include:
- Urgent care: for illnesses, minor injuries including wounds and lacerations, orthopedic injuries, skin rashes and infections, testing for mono, strep, and UTIs, as well as numerous other services
- Women’s healthcare: including Pap smears, STI testing, pregnancy testing, and routine gynecology visits. Please be advised that the Marquette University Medical Clinic does not provide contraception
- Men’s healthcare: including STI testing and testicular exams
- STI testing: evaluation, testing and treatment in a confidential setting
- Skin care: including care of mild to moderate acne, eczema and wart treatments
- Minor surgical procedures: including suturing, drainage of abscesses and ingrown toenail removal
- Immunizations: including influenza, varicella (chicken pox), MMR (measles, mumps, rubella), hepatitis B, meningitis, tetanus, travel vaccines, TB testing and lab testing for immunity (as required by clinical sites for health science students)
- Physicals: for employment, visas, and volunteer work
- Sports medicine: includes prevention, care, and rehabilitation of all musculoskeletal injuries (not necessarily related to sports participation) and concussion/head injuries, as well as counseling regarding exercise and participation in physical activity
- Travel clinic: consulting on immunizations and advice for staying healthy for international travel
- Nutritional consultation: including healthy eating, special dietary needs and sports nutrition.
- Laboratory tests: ordered by an MUMC provider or your personal doctor; some tests are done on site with same day results, other are sent out to a reference lab
- Referrals to specialists: If your medical needs require services beyond the scope of what we provide at the Marquette University Medical Clinic, we will refer you to specialists in the Milwaukee area who have the training, facilities, and technology to provide further care.
- Pharmacy: Marquette University Medical Clinic offers limited pharmacy services. We are unable to fill prescriptions written by outside providers. For those medicines that we do not offer at the clinic, or for prescriptions written by an outside provider, you may use a pharmacy in the Milwaukee area. Please note, though, that students are responsible for all costs/charges incurred for prescriptions.
Don't see what you need? Questions?
Call the Marquette University Medical Clinic at (414) 288-7184