2020-2021 Influenza Season
It's time to get your flu shot and not the Flu!
Injectable influenza vaccinations will be available to students, faculty and staff at several locations throughout campus. There is no charge for the vaccination for FULL-TIME undergraduate students and employees and dependents participating in the Marquette medical insurance plan. For employees and eligible dependents who are enrolled in one of the University's Health Plans, please bring your insurance card. For all others, the cost of the vaccination is $25.
At this time all campus flu clinics have concluded. If you are still in need of a flu shot you may call the MU Medical Clinic at 414-288-7184 to schedule an appointment. Walk-Ins are NOT available.
If you are feeling ill, have symptoms or do not pass your covidcheq on the day of your appointment please call to cancel.
Symptoms: fever (greater than 100.0 F), cough, shortness of breath of difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.
To lower your risk of getting or spreading the flu:
- Wash your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based cleaner, especially after you cough or sneeze.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or your shirt sleeve when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Frequently clean your living quarters including surfaces such as doorknobs, refrigerator handles, computer keyboards, remote controls and countertops.
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are sick. Influenza is thought to spread mainly person-to-person through coughing or sneezing of infected people.
- Do not share cups or beverages.
- Try to stay in good general health. Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat nutritious food.
- If you do develop symptoms consistent with influenza, including fever, cough, sore throat and body aches, stay home from work, class and campus activities and minimize contact with others. You should stay home for at least 24 hours until after your fever is gone.
For further information
If you have questions or concerns about your symptoms or the flu shot, please contact the Marquette University Medical Clinic at (414) 288-7184.
Other helpful links include: