Marquette's Office of International Education provides a variety of support services for faculty members looking to research or teach abroad. Our staff has a wide range of knowledge and appointments are always available. Below you can also find links to a variety of information on grants, development opportunities, and other topics.

Funding for International Research

American Council of Learned Societies (ACLS)

ACLS supports scholarship in the humanities and humanities-related social sciences.

Fulbright Scholar Program

Grants are made to U.S. Citizens and nationals of other countries for a variety of educational activities, primarily university lecturing, advanced research, graduate study and teaching in elementary and secondary schools. Since the program's inception in 1946, more than 250,000 participants - chosen for their leadership potential - have had the opportunity to observe each others political, economic and cultural institutions.

Higher Education for Development

Higher Education for Development (HED) works in close partnership with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and operates with the advice and counsel of the six major presidential higher education associations to support the engagement of higher education in development issues worldwide.

HED manages innovative partnerships that join U.S. colleges and universities with institutions of higher learning in developing nations. In this way, we support and facilitate the engagement of U.S. higher education in global development.

International Research and Exchanges Board (IREX)

IREX provides grants for both individuals and institutions

The Foundation Center

This is a non-profit library of foundations that provide international grants

Scholar Access Grant

Given by the University of Wisconsin - Madison Global Studies Program, this is awarded to postsecondary faculty members and instructional staff wishing to incorporate international and global content into their courses.

International Visiting Research Fellowship

Provided by the University of Sydney in Australia. This program allows researchers from the US, and around the world, to spend a period of up to 12 weeks conducting collaborative research at the University of Sydney.

Grants for Study and Research in Germany

DAAD provides numerous grants for faculty research and study in Germany.

FIPSE International Programs Grants

FIPSE's four international programs represent a first-of-a-kind collaboration among the U.S. Department of Education's Office of Postsecondary Education and foreign government agencies to fund and coordinate federal education grant programs.

Fogarty International Center for Advanced Study in the Health Sciences

The Fogarty International Center is dedicated to advancing the mission of the National Institutes of Health by supporting and facilitating global health research conducted by U.S. and international investigators

International Housing

Sabbatical Homes

Sabbatical Homes provides an international resources for housing exchange for faculty going overseas on short-term projects. Just follow the guidelines outlined in UPP 1-18.