Transfer admission for students from other universities that have completed a bachelor's degree.
Students who are completing or who have already earned a bachelor's degree are considered external transfer students and the Doctor of Physical Therapy program would be a 3 year full time program beginning in the fall with graduation occurring in May. External applicants are accepted on a space available basis. For external applicants admission is very competitive and the following criteria above the minimum standards should be met for an application to be considered favorably:
- Marquette University is now participating in the national online application process PTCAS. Applications should be submitted by November 1st for the following fall semester.
- Applications containing more than 1 pre-requisite currently in progress are not competitive.
- A 3.0 /4.0 GPA in the prerequisite courses is the minimum requirement although a minimum of a 3.5 average has been necessary to be competitive.
- A set number of PT-related observation hours are not officially required. However, observing in a variety of physical therapy settings and with different patient populations is the best means to demonstrate your understanding of and commitment to the profession during the application process.
- Letters of Recommendation: A minimum of two letters of recommendation are required. One letter must be from a licensed Physical Therapist. A second (or third maximum) may come from another physical therapist or from a professor in the applicant's major field of study. A maximum of three letters are accepted.
- Official transcripts documenting completion of undergraduate BS degree
- Official Graduate Record Examination scores. Minimum of V150/Q150/A4.0 in the new system for 2013. Marquette’s PTCAS GRE code is 0558.
- The prerequisites needed for the Doctor of Physical Therapy degree must be completed at accredited 4 year institutions. Pre-requisites can be found here. Note the asterisk indicating intro class waived.
- There is a $20 supplemental fee and questions for the PTCAS submission which can be found at: https://ptcasdirectory.apta.org/435.aspx.