Recovery Plan Step Two protocols for returning to campus
This document provides the protocols for Step Two of the Recovery Planning process and may be altered in future steps of the phased return to campus: Return to Campus Recovery Plan
(Return to Campus Recovery Plan Step Two Accessible PDF)
Step Two is our current phase of the five-step Recovery Plan, and it entails establishing the processes and resources necessary to plan for resumption of limited summer campus operations.
Our knowledge and understanding of the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, and our policies and plans will be updated as more information becomes available.
Return to campus process and questionnaire
Each department will work directly with their dean, vice president or vice provost and the Recovery Planning team to determine the appropriate timing for a return to campus, based on the type of work being performed. In accordance with Step Two of our Recovery Plan, no more than 30% of the university’s total faculty and staff should be working on campus.
The return to campus approval process is:
- All units requesting a return to campus of any size should first read these Step 2 Return to Campus Guidelines in their entirety. This guide provides the framework for a phased return to campus and highlights health and safety, cleaning and disinfection, and human resource protocols.
- All requests for return to campus must go through the Recovery Planning Team - Lora Strigens, vice president for planning and facilities management, and Jeff Kranz, assistant chief of police in Marquette University Police Department
- Department chairs or directors may obtain the Step 2 Return to Campus questionnaire from their vice president, dean or vice provost, who must also sign-off on the request.
- The questionnaire is reviewed by the Recovery Planning team.
- If approved, the requesting unit will be notified and will then work with Facilities Planning and Management to review the cleaning and sanitization needs for their space, as well as any facility related modifications and space assessments to accommodate physical distancing
- All individuals returning to campus will be required to complete a brief online Return to Campus training provided by Human Resources.