Skip to content
- Oversee and provide leadership for campus recreation program.
- Supervise full time professional staff, support staff and student staff.
- Responsible for managing indoor and outdoor recreation facilities on campus.
- Administer Rec Sports Annual Budget.
- Serve on Division of Student Affairs Executive Leadership Team.
- Represent department on various divisional and university wide communities/activities.
- Bachelor of Arts, Recreation Administration, College of Idaho
- Master of Arts, Education, Texas Tech University
- Certificate of Management, Marquette University
- NACAD- National Association of Club Athletic Directors
- NIRSA- National Intramural Recreational Sports Association
- NSCA- National Soccer Coaches Association- National "C" License
- Certified Fitness Instructor
- CRSS- Certified Recreational Sports Specialist
- CPR and First Aid certified
- John started his career recreational sports as a Graduate Assistant for Texas Tech University in 1976.
- John came to Marquette Recreational Sports in 1978 as the Intramural Director, a position he held for 2 years before becoming an Assistant Director in 1980.
- In 1983 John became the Associate Director for Marquette University Recreational Sports, holding the position until 1988.
- From 1988-1994 John was the Director of Athletics and Recreation for the Milwaukee Athletic Club.
- John became the Associate Director of Campus Recreation at Northern Illinois University in 1994 and was promoted to Director in 1997, he held the position for 10 years.
- In 2007 John returned to Marquette University to become the Director of Recreational Sports, a position he has held since.
- John is married to Barbara, they have four children Thomas, Danny, Mikes, and Maggie
- John is originally from San Francisco and is a big Warriors, Giants, and 49ers fan. He also enjoys watching the Bucks, Brewers, and Packers. John is of course a huge fan of Marquette Basketball.
- In his free time John officiates soccer and basketball, he also enjoys coaching both sports.