Mission, Vision and Objectives
Marquette University’s Office of Disability Services is dedicated to providing equal access within the classroom setting, through the determination of appropriate accommodations, for students with documented disabilities. ODS promotes accessibility awareness through collaboration with campus partners, the development of student self-advocacy, and through consultation with the broader community. Guided by the university’s mission, we strive to support the Marquette community in their efforts to educate all students on campus.
The Office of Disability Services (ODS) holds the Marquette community to the highest standards of unhindered access, inclusion, and diversity. Using the latest advancements, the office commits to staying up-to-date with the ever-changing needs of our students, and supports their pursuit of self-advocacy, independence, and academic success. In line with the ODS Mission, we aim to engage with campus and broader community partners to raise disability awareness, creating a welcoming and inclusive campus environment.
Our Current Objectives
- Engage in proactive communication with faculty to clarify the Office of Disability Services' role on campus to ensure increased positive educational interactions.
- Increase awareness and engagement regarding students with disabilities' needs within the campus community.
- Develop processes to assist students with their academic and personal self-advocacy skills.
- Develop relationships within the broader community to benefit the Office of Disability Services and the students we serve.
- Further develop staff skills, knowledge and resource by promoting professional development to benefit the individual, the office, and the community we serve.